• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lenny_U

Hi, has anyone been invited to stage 1 assessments on 13th this month?

Also if we have opc already do we still need to go through all the tests or do we just need to sit VSE & SJT in supervised environment?

HLK97

Also if we have opc already do we still need to go through all the tests or do we just need to sit VSE & SJT in supervised environment?
Have you completed stage 1 with Arriva before? If so, contact them and ask which tests you are resitting. If not, then I wonder if stage 1 are bespoke to Arriva in which case you would need to do them all?

Lenny_U

Have you completed stage 1 with Arriva before? If so, contact them and ask which tests you are resitting. If not, then I wonder if stage 1 are bespoke to Arriva in which case you would need to do them all?
Passed OPC with another TOC so not sure if I have to re-sit them again?

HLK97

Passed OPC with another TOC so not sure if I have to re-sit them again?
Sorry, I may not have been clear. I think Arriva do extra tests to OPC, so that’s what you have to do with stage 1. I think if you have done OPC tests and passed, you don’t need to redo them.

Lenny_U

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I think Arriva do extra tests to OPC, so that’s what you have to do with stage 1. I think if you have done OPC tests and passed, you don’t need to redo them.
Thank you for that, because I really wasn't sure.
I've heard they do VSE & SJT in supervised environment so that's what I'm hoping to do, otherwise I've passed all the other opc assessments. But hey if I need to go through it all again then it's fine lol

luvash

Thank you for that, because I really wasn't sure.
I've heard they do VSE & SJT in supervised environment so that's what I'm hoping to do, otherwise I've passed all the other opc assessments. But hey if I need to go through it all again then it's fine lol
I think for you it'll only be the SJT. Thats how it was for me

Shanshine

I'm going on the 12th @8:45am

traingeek97

Also been invited to the assessment day next Thursday. Out of the documents attached to the email is the one we need for the first assessment 'Train driver practice materials'?

Lenny_U

Also been invited to the assessment day next Thursday. Out of the documents attached to the email is the one we need for the first assessment 'Train driver practice materials'?
No you don't need to bring practice materials, just your passport, proof of address ( bill, bank statement etc) & another document with NI

Sunny321

Hi guys, anybody who pass the VSE could tell me how many mistakes we can make in 3rd part of track side? Cheers

HLK97

Hi guys, anybody who pass the VSE could tell me how many mistakes we can make in 3rd part of track side? Cheers
I think I made around 5 or 6 mistakes in the 3rd part and I passed. But it is hard to remember - I was trying to forget the mistakes as soon as I made them so I didn't get distracted!

This link indicates what tests are done at Stage One, and therefore which bits of the attachments sent to you are applicable for Stage 1 :)

Lamchop

Anyone know if you can change the date you have been given for the assessments?

Sunny321

I think I made around 5 or 6 mistakes in the 3rd part and I passed. But it is hard to remember - I was trying to forget the mistakes as soon as I made them so I didn't get distracted!

This link indicates what tests are done at Stage One, and therefore which bits of the attachments sent to you are applicable for Stage 1 :)Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot
Did you make those mistakes on track side or on signals ? Cheers

Last edited:

HLK97

Thanks a lot

Did you make those mistakes on track side or on signals ? Cheers
I made the mistakes on the symbols - I only know, because it tells you. I could have made errors on the track side (i was aware of one possible one), but it doesn't tell you if you make a mistake so I could have made many!

Sunny321

I made the mistakes on the symbols - I only know, because it tells you. I could have made errors on the track side (i was aware of one possible one), but it doesn't tell you if you make a mistake so I could have made many!
Ok cheers for that

missammi

Anyone know if you can change the date you have been given for the assessments?
Yes you can change it, you will be asked to reply to the invitation email ASAP to confirm your attendance. I guess it’s better to try and take the date they give you so you can do it ASAP and get on with the process.

Hi all,

has anyone completed day one assessment yet? Have you been told your results on the day of assessment or awaiting news in the email?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.