• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead wire damge Near Retford 06/09 & 19/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

1D21 (HST) got through 45L

Northbound services are on the move SB services not so lucky at the moment

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
Can you imagine how much ribbing the poor driver of the 1130 Kgx-Edb is going to get for failing to coast through the affected section in the messroom? Wouldn't be surprised if this tops £1m today :o [emoji38]
Ouch. Previous comment deleted as read ahead that it may not be driver error.

What is cheaper and better for the economy on the whole, closing the railway for two days or doing what they did? I suspect doing what they did and keeping it open as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gavin

The damaged pantograph

CsvAAAdWcAAOwTx.jpg

Ouch. That's an expensive mistake but we are all human. No one can be 100% perfect and remember everything. I guess if they can find away to remind the driver to lower it, assuming their isn't anything already, that might be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The pantograph failed to lower rather than the driver forgetting

Last edited:

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Several trains have now got through northbound, which suggests the OHLE in that direction is OK.
The photo of the southbound train doesn't show wires down, so maybe the damage is not severe.

G0ORC

Southbound on the move at 1920....

1E19 (112L) followed by 1E18 (140L)...

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Expect they will still coast or run bidi to keep service running until end of day and inspect ohle overnight. They will want to be sure theres no defect before putting more pans up

Immby

Still seem to be problems this morning (20/9) at Retford. Am on first train down from Darlington and being held at Doncaster because of overhead line issues in Retford area.

lincolnshire

Was at Doncaster yesterday about 07-15 and caught the 06-36 (HST set) to London from platform 1, also in platform 3 the 06-24 for London ( electric set) and as walking to station could see the 06-03 depart (electric set).

Looked at National Rail site before leaving home and all train running on time so it stated, mine was 1 hour late.

Not a good start for the day for Virgin, staff handing out credit card sized slips about delay repay at Kings Cross also all ticket barriers wide open and un manned I wonder why?

gavin

All lines blocked at Alexandra Palace person on the tracks

VTEC passengers may use CrossCountry, Grand Central, Great Northern, Hull Trains on any reasonable route/s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.