• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Neptune

Established Member
Serco/Abellios livery was a decent livery. Colourful without being OTT, bright, garish or clashing with a nice swoop. Especially so when you compare it to the plain white with contrasting doors liveries being applied now.

SteveyBee131

Serco/Abellios livery was a decent livery. Colourful without being OTT, bright, garish or clashing with a nice swoop. Especially so when you compare it to the plain white with contrasting doors liveries being applied now.
I'll second that, I found the Serco/Abellio take on Northern livery very tasteful, and also very practical with not much white.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Serco/Abellio was a nice livery on the 142s, I agree. ATW cream stripe and the GMPTE white/brown/red were very good too.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Absolutely second that. Northern by far the worst of the lot. Dull, unimaginitive, finance committee-led drivel.

I am afraid I must disagree with this assertion. I do not believe the "finance committee" would have any input into livery design beyond approving funding.

mattpharrison

Northern Spirit managed to come up with a livery that was striking without being garish. The standard green was only ever applied to 142s and 156s before their parent company (MTL) collapsed and were taken over by Arriva. A shame they weren't as good at running trains as they were at painting them!
In terms of a livery "hiding how rubbish and old the unit is" the Northern Spirit green takes some beating, though the interior refurbishment also helped there. Of the more recent liveries only GWR on the 143s comes close. Must be something about green paint I guess...

A shame that more units didn't get the Northern Spirit livery. Easily the best looking 142s in the land. The 156s carried it for quite a while too!

dave87016

Established Member
The “Chocolate & Cream “ skipper livery was the best for me followed by GMPTE grey

The worst has to be Merseyrail Yellow ( 041- 059 ) followed by northern rail as per their last livery

Status
Not open for further replies.