• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger safety concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagonshop

My wife’s brother is in Kings Hospital London and his wife has been visiting him.
She has been travelling back to Sevenoaks most nights on 20.28 train which is quite lightly loaded.
As soon as she gets on she is approached by men asking for money this has become common on this train. She is close to 80 the last one would not go away. Never seen any staff.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Call British Teansport Police on 0800 40 50 40 and inform them of day, time and train it happens on.

If onboard you can text 61016 to report it realtime also.

If the it's not reported it will continue as no one will know the problem exists.

Carlisle

Established Member
I encountered aggressive begging on a Skipton to Bradford service recently, No idea how widespread it is throughout UK rail but I’d be surprised if it’s only an issue on London suburban routes.

Last edited:

12C

Unfortunately I find the reduction in staff presence (even on guard operated services) combined with rising anti social behaviour can make train travel feel quite an unpleasant and edgy experience nowadays. Particularly in the evenings on suburban services.

Today I vowed never to take my young daughter by train again, after returning from a day out on an early evening service. Over the course of an hour we encountered a group of youths running through the train shouting obscenities, someone smoking weed in the toilets stinking the whole coach out and a group of Eastern European gentlemen who sat opposite us and had clearly been involved in a fight, one having blood dripping down his forehead. This is one of many similar experiences I have had lately.

Sadly with further cost cutting and staff reductions I can only see the problem getting worse.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
My wife’s brother is in Kings Hospital London and his wife has been visiting him.
She has been travelling back to Sevenoaks most nights on 20.28 train which is quite lightly loaded.
As soon as she gets on she is approached by men asking for money this has become common on this train. She is close to 80 the last one would not go away. Never seen any staff.
Sadly that route is appalling now. My only suggestion would be for her to sit directly behind the driver and if any issues make them aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.