• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Plusbus Ticket for beginning of return journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashworth

Established Member
Can you buy a Plusbus ticket for the day of your return journey when using an Off Peak or Anytime Return ticket?

I’m going up to West Yorkshire for a few days next month and when I buy my Off Peak Return to Leeds with my Senior Railcard I will also buy a Leeds Plusbus ticket for the Monday 5th February, when I travel up to Leeds. It will enable me to travel around West Yorkshire by bus quite cheaply for the rest of the day after I arrive.
I am planning to return on the afternoon of Saturday 10th February. Can I buy a Leeds Plusbus ticket for Saturday 10th February for bus travel around West Yorkshire on that morning before I return.
As I am starting my journey to Leeds from an unstaffed station, where you have to purchase tickets from a machine before boarding, I know that the machine will only sell me a Leeds Plusbus ticket on the day of my outward journey.

Will the guard on the train, or a ticket office at a staffed station later on my journey, be able to sell me a Plusbus ticket in advance for the day that I plan to return. I just wondered with my return ticket being valid for 30 days and not having a set date on the ticket for my return travel. I know that I will need a dated Plusbus ticket.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes you can :) Buy from a ticket office.

Some websites will also issue it (if you buy PlusBus at the same time as booking your ticket, and if you specify your return travel date)

Status
Not open for further replies.