• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Query on ridiculously cheap fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

transmanche

Established Member
I was using trainscanbecheaper.info ealier, to identify some potential splits for a journey I may be making. For one section of the journey it highlighted a ridiculously cheap fare (and I really do mean ridiculously cheap). brfares.com agrees that the fare exists in the database, but it's obviously a mistake made by the fare-setter.

I don't want to publish the details publicly, as there may be some people who are exploiting this fare (and it may not be of any use for me anyway). But I'd happily disclose it via PM to a fares advisor, as I'm trying to work out what the permitted route(s) would be for this fare.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I hope you don't mean the Merseyrail one disclosed publicly on the forum a few days ago. ;)

I wouldn't mind having a look.

transmanche

Established Member
I hope you don't mean the Merseyrail one disclosed publicly on the forum a few days ago. ;)
Dammit, it is the same fare! :oops:

(I knew that I should have done a Google site search rather than use the built-in forum one - my only excuse is the lateness of the hour...)

On reflection I think that an alternative fare may be better for me, but bb21 I'll PM you anyway (thanks for the offer); as the fewer public references to the fare, the better chance it has of 'slipping under the radar'.

Status
Not open for further replies.