• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Real Life Track Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I am looking to build a model railway from scratch in my loft, I would like to base it on a real station (E.g Manchester Piccadilly or Victoria). Is it possible to get diagrams of these stations and then create a track map for OO scale?

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oswyntail

Established Member
Excellent project, and one I have often considered over a cuppa (Preston in the 60's would be my choice). But, sadly, I don't have a loft the size of a double garage - and that doesn't allow for running anything out of the station. So it's a smaller station for me :(

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Try the NR Baseline Declaration Sectional Appendix. Sorry, don't have link to hand.

Thanks for that chaps. I have the quail diagrams, what's the best way to transpose this into what sections of track I need to buy? Would I just use flexitrack?

Heinz57

Yes use flexitrack, also for points, use those from the Peco Streamline range. They are much more like the real life ones, and give a gap between tracks which is much closer in scale to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.