• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction code UL and Hovertravel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymonster

Established Member
Looking for a little assurance please…

Ticket:
Woking-Ryde Hoverport Super Offpeak return

Restriction code: UL

Outward Travel​

Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 12:01

Return Travel​

Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 12:01

Presumably, because it says not valid on trains (and doesn’t say not valid on hovercraft), on the return / northbound trip one can use a Hovertravel service from Ryde to Southsea prior to 12:01 as long as one doesn’t board the train from Portsmouth and Southsea until 12:01?

Strangely - and why I’m hesitant - TrainSplit won’t offer that ticket if I chose to leave Ryde on the return at 11:15

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Trains in this case would typically mean services, which would include "virtual trains" like hovercraft.

The electronic restrictions would seem to back that up, hence why Trainsplit won't sell it:

Not valid to depart​
any location​
0430–1200​
on any TOC​

Skymonster

Established Member
That is as maybe - and I understand why you say what you do - but (a) I quoted the publicly available National Rail website definition of the restriction, (b) a train isn’t a hovercraft so a different restriction code that mentions hovercraft could be used if the intent is to restrict hovercraft too and (c) Hovertravel isn’t a TOC. Hence why I asked the question as there is ambiguity in the definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.