• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Route 339, Shenfield - Ongar - Epping. Sunday 20th February 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Hi, Thanks in advance for any responses. Does anyone know if the 339 operating on the above route this coming Sunday in connection with the Epping & Ongar Railway event? South of Shenfield on the GEML rail services are replaced by Bus/Coach replacement to Newbury Park. I was going to us this from Shenfield to Newbury Park and then go via the Central Line to Epping via Leytonstone or Hainault. If it is operating I thought I might take the 339 from Shenfield instead, to save the option just mentioned. Regards Mike

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

Looking at the Epping and Ongar website, the bus doesn't run to Shenfield until April. So it doesn't look like you'll be in luck this weekend I'm afraid with that option. Clicking on 20th Feb, it just runs between Epping and North Weald.

Be careful with the rail replacement service at Shenfield. Last weekend, the service was patchy. I got there at 0700 to go to work, and people were left behind on the fast buses to Newbury Park. Then there wasn't much of a tube service due to the strike. It may have got better later in the day, but there were lots of negative comments on twitter. (Not that you can take notice of that all the time).

Mike99

Thanks for the info, I was going to make sure I get the coach from Newbury Park before the one suggested to give a bit of recovery time before the train back to Suffolk

Status
Not open for further replies.