• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RPMI applying for payment of pension in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I requested payment of my railway (BR) pension to commence on my NRA (1/2/2020) in May 2019. However, since 1/2/2020 I have received no payment and have had many fruitless phone calls with RPMI in Darlington trying to get this resolved, I have also reported them to the Pensions Ombudsman. Has anyone else been having similar problems recently? They seem to have gotten a new computer system in late 2019 and, from what I can gather from the RPMI people I have spoken to, it isn't much cop

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
A mate of mine retired back in April 2020 with no issues, in fact it was pretty painless really.

Which section are you a member of?

theironroad

Established Member
I requested payment of my railway (BR) pension to commence on my NRA (1/2/2020) in May 2019. However, since 1/2/2020 I have received no payment and have had many fruitless phone calls with RPMI in Darlington trying to get this resolved, I have also reported them to the Pensions Ombudsman. Has anyone else been having similar problems recently? They seem to have gotten a new computer system in late 2019 and, from what I can gather from the RPMI people I have spoken to, it isn't much cop

That's not acceptable. Fortunately I'm not trying to get a pension paid at moment.

However, I find the new site extremely poor. In particular still no interactive planner is available
I don't understand why they decided to mess Around with the old site as on the whole it was ok.

Their IT dept/contactors need a good sort out.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
That's not acceptable. Fortunately I'm not trying to get a pension paid at moment.

However, I find the new site extremely poor. In particular still no interactive planner is available
I don't understand why they decided to mess Around with the old site as on the whole it was ok.

Their IT dept/contactors need a good sort out.

I forgot about this thread, they did eventually sort me out in August, which suspiciously coincided with them going back to work at Stooperdale Offices

theironroad

Established Member
I forgot about this thread, they did eventually sort me out in August, which suspiciously coincided with them going back to work at Stooperdale Offices

Glad you got it sorted.

Funnily I had to phone them the other day as they've messed up a fund allocation of mine. They say they'll sort it!

12 months plus on an the website isn't fully functional again, especially the planner which is annoying as was probably the most useful tool on the old one.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Glad you got it sorted.

Funnily I had to phone them the other day as they've messed up a fund allocation of mine. They say they'll sort it!

12 months plus on an the website isn't fully functional again, especially the planner which is annoying as was probably the most useful tool on the old one.

One particular phone call around Easter was funny, I told the woman on the phone that I had supported the BR Pension Fund IT system in the 1980's and she asked me if I'd like to come back :D which suggests that the pension department aren't happy with their IT systems either

theironroad

Established Member
One particular phone call around Easter was funny, I told the woman on the phone that I had supported the BR Pension Fund IT system in the 1980's and she asked me if I'd like to come back :D which suggests that the pension department aren't happy with their IT systems either

They're probably sick of people like me moaning about it... Lol

father_jack

The new RPMI website launched yesterday. There seems to be another layer of login security "memorable word" not used before (previosly password and numbers from PIN) but the "forgotten your password"/reset email request never sends you a reset email.....

The new RPMI website launched yesterday. There seems to be another layer of login security "memorable word" not used before (previosly password and numbers from PIN) but the "forgotten your password"/reset email request never sends you a reset email.....

i had the same problem. I re-registered and created a memorable word and that sorted it.

I also had to update my nominations as they were no longer there.

I have 2 different pensions, 1 DC from previous employment and my current DB. The DC is fine and I can see the figures and change the investments if required but the DB has no viewable figures or access to the planner, it’s not much use now in comparison to the previous site.

Status
Not open for further replies.