• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Running round Railjet

Krokodil

Established Member
Came across what I assume is an unusual sight at Budapest Keleti this afternoon. A diesel shunter dragging a Railjet set out of the platform to release the locomotive. The shunter then propelled the blunt end of the set up to the buffer stops and the Taurus rejoined at the pointy end.

I presume that there is some kind of multiple working failure, or issue with the driving trailer, as used to occasionally happen to IC225s.

Photo shows the shunter coupled to the pointy end of the train.

DSC_0093.JPG

Sorry, no idea why it's sideways

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nwales58

I recall AustrianTrain writing that RJ are only push-pull approved in Austria. Still the case?
Edit: nonsense, this was about Italy RJ2. Sorry.

Last edited:

Austriantrain

Established Member
I recall AustrianTrain writing that RJ are only push-pull approved in Austria. Still the case?
Edit: nonsense, this was about Italy RJ2. Sorry.

RJ2, yes.

It’s not rare to see a loco in front of a RJ DVT though, invariably because the latter has a fault (e.g ETCS not working.)

SeanG

Established Member
We were on a Munich - Budapest Railjet the other month and it left Munich top and tail with Taurus as the control car wasn't working. Both were powered. At Salzburg it joined a second railjet set and left with all 3 Taurus powering