• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail delay repay or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy

There was issues on the Neilston line this morning and my train was cancelled. I have a weekly session ticket and in end I decided to drive into Glasgow. I would usually use the trains both ways. The trains were back on by the afternoon. i take it I can only claim delay repay for the morning trip and there is no way to claim anything for coming home, as I couldn’t use the second trip Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As a general rule, Delay Repay only applies for journeys that were actually made.

However discretion may be shown for Season tickets (for single or return tickets you would get a full refund in your situation whereby the ticket would be wholly unused)

I had a quick look for Scotrail's policy on the matter but it wasn't immediately obvious to me what their policy is. I am sure someone else will know...

I'd argue that it would be reasonable for you to be given a pro-rata refund of £5.50*. Whether it's worth the hassle of completing the form for such a sum I'll leave up to you. (* The ticket is valid for 7 days but it's reasonable to assume 5 days usage) and it's not clear to me if that would be Scotrail's policy, or whether you'd fill in a Delay Repay or a refund form (I'd assume the latter given you didn't make the journey).

Status
Not open for further replies.