• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail - Trainee Driver - Various (March 24)

Tr4inee

What's everyone's opinions on the questions that were asked for sjt, do you think they were slightly worded differently? Just from reading the above, I'm getting that vibe.
Did anyone get a question on boots and how good they look? I was genuinely confused by this one. It kind of threw me I really couldn’t care less what they looked like as long as they were comfortable but I was really wondering what they were looking for here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

doonhamer

I have just got my email for the SJT after completing the first OPC tests on the 11th. I had prepared myself that I wasn’t getting the invite after yesterday being 14 days since completing.

DavidAtkin

Did anyone get a question on boots and how good they look? I was genuinely confused by this one. It kind of threw me I really couldn’t care less what they looked like as long as they were comfortable but I was really wondering what they were looking for here.
Yeah I got a similar question

I have just got my email for the SJT after completing the first OPC tests on the 11th. I had prepared myself that I wasn’t getting the invite after yesterday being 14 days since completing.

just goes to show how backed up it is. 1000s of people apply for this job. Good luck with it

Last edited:
I completed my initial tests on Friday 15th and have just been sent my SJT invitation now (7 working days later) I did give myself a time frame to hear back between Monday-Friday this week if I was going to be invited at all! Just thought I’d share for anybody still waiting. Don’t give up hope yet.

Good luck all.

DavidAtkin

I completed my initial tests on Friday 15th and have just been sent my SJT invitation now (7 working days later) I did give myself a time frame to hear back between Monday-Friday this week if I was going to be invited at all! Just thought I’d share for anybody still waiting. Don’t give up hope yet.

Good luck all.
it must be when people do the tests at different times as to how/when they respond. still plenty of time for people I would think.

anyone heard anything back as of yet ?

Last edited:

Baz79

Yeah good luck anyway
Hi
I am sure I put stop at the next station & go for a 5 minute walk on the platform.
What did u put ?

I think they said they were uncomfortable as well .
If I remember correctly but there was a lot of information in these questions.
I think they where asking
Who would you go to
Manager or work place rep or just get on with it .
I said I would ask manger about boots.
They are part of your safety equipment PPE .
So I would say the manager
To raise your concerns.
Good luck

Last edited:

RiverDon

I think it’s pointless trying to second guess what they are looking for in the judgement tests or compare answers.

WF4HA5HE

Definitely as it’s subjective to each person
Ye I agree and as each question appears to be worded differently with slightly different options for each person (or atleast 2-3 versions of each question) it would be important to guess what they are looking for. It will just be a case of if you clicked what they are looking for the computer will put you through to the next stage.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Ye I agree and as each question appears to be worded differently with slightly different options for each person (or atleast 2-3 versions of each question) it would be important to guess what they are looking for. It will just be a case of if you clicked what they are looking for the computer will put you through to the next stage.
I disagree. I think if you tick every single number 1 answer they would want that could be a red flag. It’s finding the sweet spot of picking mostly 1’s and 2’s.

WF4HA5HE

I disagree. I think if you tick every single number 1 answer they would want that could be a red flag. It’s finding the sweet spot of picking mostly 1’s and 2’s.
No fair enough I agree with that I guess it's looking for a true representation of your character.

Chaz15

I doubt that,

Some people will be able to score 8 out of 8 on this fairly easily and shouldn't be penalised for it.

The 1st test though I agree with that sentiment.

There is no right an wrong to the first one, just consistency of values.

The sjt there is definitely a right and wrong.

DavidAtkin

M
I doubt that,

Some people will be able to score 8 out of 8 on this fairly easily and shouldn't be penalised for it.

The 1st test though I agree with that sentiment.

There is no right an wrong to the first one, just consistency of values.

The sjt there is definitely a right and wrong.
yeah some of the answers you can tell straight away it wouldn’t be that but some are interchangeable also.

WF4HA5HE

If we pass the sjt test does anyone know what the next stage will be?
I suspect its another round of shortlisting were they pick the best of the best who passed their online assessments, looking at CVs and the written answers given in your application then an assessment centre. Unless scotrail do the assessment centre next then shortlisting for the DMI.

Last edited:

DavidAtkin

If we pass the sjt test does anyone know what the next stage will be?
No idea as this is my first time applying for the railway. But I’ve been doing loads of research just incase I get through the SJT. Better been prepared than not

Makaj

Hello to everybody. Can someone who did already SJT can tell me how many questions/situations are in the test?

Tr4inee

What is there to say? its just a waiting game now until we all get the results :)
Exactly I’m waiting but pretending I’m not bothered but all the while thinking I’m really bothered. Never applied for a job before where I felt so invested in. I haven’t studied any of the further stuff because I’m assuming I’ve failed. I’m taking it one stage at a time and giving my all every stage. I’ll still be heartbroken if I don’t get through though. Best of luck to everyone refreshing emails every 10 mins. I’m on the same path