• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hardie12

I'll be looking at yoker or glasgow central which are nearest to me. Not counting my chickens at the moment but keeping my fingers crossed for a telephone interview. What about yourself?

Driverb

Glasgow or Dumfries.... Hopefully we will hear I'm sure if we hadn't done enough we would of heard by now.

G42

I've not heard anything either. My checking test was submitted on Friday lunchtime.

ma3lstrom

Not sure on Scotrail's usual timeline for traiene positions, this being the first time I've applied for the job after becoming seriously interested. Submitted my application late on the 11th, got to do the first assessment straight away. Checked my email a little before midnight and had a link to the checking test. Did the practice and averageed maybe 70-80% correct, no idea if that's good enough. Haven't heard anything since then, just wondering if this is a good sign, and if I have a chance in hell of getting further in the recruitment process.
Thanks

Driverb

Not sure on Scotrail's usual timeline for traiene positions, this being the first time I've applied for the job after becoming seriously interested. Submitted my application late on the 11th, got to do the first assessment straight away. Checked my email a little before midnight and had a link to the checking test. Did the practice and averageed maybe 70-80% correct, no idea if that's good enough. Haven't heard anything since then, just wondering if this is a good sign, and if I have a chance in hell of getting further in the recruitment process.
Thanks

No news is good news!!

Ryandfs

Hi guys, first time posting here. I applied Thursday night and done the online assessments, I have a telephone interview on Thursday. Any one else get one?

Ryan

Hardie12

I have applied but have had no reply back yet, done the assessments etc but no word back. I don't how these things work whether the applications are looked at in the order they are put in. Or maybe a workload is tasked to each member of the recruitment team. Either way I will be waiting for an email tomorrow.

Good luck with the interview

Ryandfs

I have applied but have had no reply back yet, done the assessments etc but no word back. I don't how these things work whether the applications are looked at in the order they are put in. Or maybe a workload is tasked to each member of the recruitment team. Either way I will be waiting for an email tomorrow.

Good luck with the interview

Thanks mate. I've applied for Dumfries and Glasgow. Hope you hear something soon, they'll have loads of applications to sort through probably!

Hardie12

Did it ask you to enter which locations your were applying? Can't remember doing this off the top of my head

Maybe

Job post has become live again. Don't know if the locations are different but closing date if 22nd dec, although it wouldn't suprise me if they get pulled before then. Anyone in the new if successful applicants Wil be placed into a talent pool or positions/courses are imminent?

I've passed everything and on hold with FGW and have been fur near on a year, but would consider applying fir these if so as relocation is not N issue.

(Apologies for bad grammar etc its Kate and am commenting on my iPhone, cannot be fussed to correct the mistakes from my sausage fingers nor the damn auto spell!)

edbhoy

Had my application in on Thursday night completed 2nd assessment on Friday afternoon still no news. Hopefully no news is good news so keeping fingers crossed

Ryandfs

Did it ask you to enter which locations your were applying? Can't remember doing this off the top of my head

On the application there was a part for choosing which locations you were applying for. You had to make 5 choices. I live in Dumfries so applied there for first choice, glasgow for second as I wouldn't mind relocating.

ma3lstrom

Still waiting to hear anything back, but thought I'd use the time to research scotrail incase I'm offered a telephone interview. Whilst doing this I learned that first only have the scotrail franchise until March 2015. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how this might affect the trainee vacancies that are advertised just now. Not sure how quick the changeover would be, guessing these positions would be safe otherwise they wouldn't be advertised, would they?

ma3lstrom

Haven't heard anything back yet, but decided to do some research on First Scotrail in case I get a telephone interview and a question like "tell us what you know about the company" comes up. Whilst doing this I discovered that First only have the Scotrail franchise until March 2015, then Abellio take over. Was wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how this change will affect the trainee driver positions that are advertised right now. I'm guessing there will be a transition period, and by the time these positions are filled the lucky few will have signed contracts. Not really sure on the exact details of the franchise system, hopefully I'm getting concerned over nothing...

Jydo

If u go back and read this entire Scotrail drivers thread from start to finish then all of ur concerns regarding the telephone interview, assessments & even the franchise handover will be answered. All the information u need is easily available on this forum, just takes a bit of time & effort

scot80

I did the 2 online assessments for the trainee driver position and havent had word back if successful, i read from earlier post that people got confirmation straight away they had passed. IS anyone still waiting to be told or has anyone had an email to say they passed?

scotraildriver

Established Member
The franchise process is currently in a period of "due diligence" which means that everything is being checked over to ensure the franchise is handed over in a fit and proper state. This is why there are trainee drivers again as the company must be fully staffed at handover, even if this means people in training. Scotrail lost 16 drivers last year to freight companies, as well as a high number of retirements, so they must be replaced for the handover. So don't worry it has all been agreed. Once you have a job you are contracted to the current operator of the franchise, with guaranteed TUPE should it change during your employment. So everyone is safe, at least at operational level.

pendy12

Morning folks, new to this forum. I have been a long time lurker but decided to join up. I have applied for the trainee train driver job. I have completed both online assessments but I haven't had any word back yet.

scot80

Morning folks, new to this forum. I have been a long time lurker but decided to join up. I have applied for the trainee train driver job. I have completed both online assessments but I haven't had any word back yet.
Me too mate done both assessments but havent been told yes or no

pendy12

Me too mate done both assessments but havent been told yes or no

Its been a mixture of no news is good news and worry that I haven't had an email, however going by this everyone is in the same boat.