• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shack Attack 2024

miklcct

On Moderation
Would concur with this in general. I set my rule of thumb as “would a ‘normal’ passenger have a reason for using the station as I did?”. So boarding, alighting and changing trains are always legit (a normal passenger might even go straight back the way they’d come if they were on the wrong train). I’d count reboarding the same service as ok if it were done under instruction from rail staff but not otherwise - unless the station dwell time were so long that normal passengers might get off to stretch their legs (quite common on continental branch lines - longest one I’ve met was about 90 minutes - but same train number throughout!)
My rule is to board or alight a vehicle on the specified network. I have included rail replacement bus in addition to trains in my count. However, a through service passing its "terminus" to form another service, such as a Sutton loop, doesn't count as there is no boarding or alighting. If the following service is formed of the same unit but is no expectation that the train will run through, it's a grey area, and it depends on how I enter the journey into the database - if the driver announced that the train would run through before reaching the terminus, I generally treat it as a through service, which has happened to me a few times on a tram switching lines at the terminus saving me a change.

2024-04-09
National Rail
279 Wandsworth Town

2024-04-20
National Rail
280 Ely
281 Thetford

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monday 22 April
Whinhill
Paisley St James
Corkerhill
Crookston
Hawkhead
Nitshill
Priesthill and Darnley
Kennishead
Thornliebank
Hairmyres
Giffnock
Langside
High St Glasgow
Bellgrove
Hyndland
Kelvinhall (Glasgow Subway)
Possilpark and Parkhouse
Ashfield
Port Glasgow

today was a, shall we say, interesting day. The plan was going well untill Hyndland late this afternoon. We then got caught up in the unfortunate Fatality there, which sadly my companion was unlucky enough to witness happen.
Naturally we were both shook up a bit but resolved to carry on by walking back to Partick and taking to the Subway

And Finally....
Wednesday 24th April
Broughty Ferry
Balmossie
(Hoping to got Monifieth as well but not so due to a missed connection)

The exile

Established Member
24 Apr 2024

Salfords

UK Total: 2478

Valle Aurelia
Termini

Roma Laziale
Roma Centocelle
Parco di Centocelle
San Giovanni
Ponte Lungo

Roma Tuscolana
Roma San Pietro

Italy Total: 73

The exile

Established Member
25 Apr 2024

Roma Valle Aurelia
Roma Trastevere
Roma Porta Maggiore
Roma Termini
Roma Tiburtina
Roma Ostiense
Roma Porta San Paolo
Roma Basilica San Paolo
Cavour

Italy Total: 82

The exile

Established Member
26 Apr 2024

Ponte Casilino

27 Apr 2024

Capannelle
Nettuno
Roma Flaminio
Acqua Acetosa
Euclide
Repubblica
Flaminio
Spagna
Ottaviano

Italy Total: 92

mm333

Ticked off 7 stations this month. I went Northampton for work and had a free couple of hours, so did Wolverton and Long Buckby.

And yesterday I managed to complete all the stations between Leeds and Manchester on both routes, doing Moston, Castleton, Ashton-under-Lyne, Mossley and Greenfield. Rather than wait an hour at Greenfield for the next train - and with it being a Saturday, there's the Transpennine rail ale trail to contend with - I got the 184 bus back to Huddersfield heading over Marsden Moor, with the driver having to use his horn to encourage sheep to egress from the highway.

Next nearest station to home to tick off is Hammerton, so I'll combine that wiith Poppleton (to finish off the Harrogate line) and a run on the new TPX route from Wakefield Kirkgate. Then head back to West Yorkshire for £2 on the Coastliner.

National Rail total now: 488

Last edited:

The exile

Established Member
28 Apr 2024

Piramide
Bologna
Tiburtina FS

Tivoli
Quattro Venti

29 Apr 2024

Empoli