• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern calls at Wandsworth Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
I've not kept track of this, but there used to be a very limited - once a day (essentially 'parliamentary') - Southeastern service at Wandsworth Road. Looking at RTT I can't see any SE services that now call at Wandsworth Road.

I forget whether these services existed to prevent the need for a route closure proceedure or if they were for route learning purposes. Regardless, they appear to have gone - does anyone know the story here?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Certainly London Overground now seems to be the only train operator calling at Wandsworth Road.

Presumably this is the service that you were thinking of...

Not sure when it was discontinued, if indeed it has.

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
It looks like 2K52 0500 Gillingham - London Victoria is booked to go via the platforms at Wandsworth Road although it doesn't call there, the last stop is Denmark Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.