• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Metro 465/466 allocations

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
I spent time earlier this week trying to get more Networker mileage under my belt, given its uncertain how much longer the fleet have in service. After a few frustrating moments where either 707s (not brilliant but at least they're bright and have charging points) or 376s (dingy, miserable, the only plus point is that they're not a Class 153 :lol: ) turned up on some of my planned moves, I managed to get examples of all three extant 465 subclasses, plus a couple of 466s.

From my observations, it seemed that Victoria services were guaranteed to be Networkers, but the Cannon Street/Charing Cross services could be a mixture of all three types. Is this the rule, or are there any Cannon Street/Charing Cross services which are guaranteed Networkers, just as a guide for future bashes.

Annoyingly Southeastern are not yet giving allocation details to Realtime Trains, which is a shame. Conversely, I was also trying to collect SWR 455s earlier this week and their allocations being available has been a godsend in that regard!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robski_

SE formations (not unit number allocations) are available on RailChecker for all classes in the SE fleet except for class 376's. You can also search for services formed of a specific type of train by going to the Search page, and entering the TOPS class - in this case, 465 - this may take a few seconds to load though.

Stephen42

Southeastern publish their diagrams on their freedom of information page here, doesn't have unit number allocations but shows what stock type in advance if that's useful. For Cannon Street/Charing Cross metro routes are a mix, Tunbridge Wells terminators usually are networkers.

GW43125

Established Member
I spent time earlier this week trying to get more Networker mileage under my belt, given its uncertain how much longer the fleet have in service. After a few frustrating moments where either 707s (not brilliant but at least they're bright and have charging points) or 376s (dingy, miserable, the only plus point is that they're not a Class 153 :lol: ) turned up on some of my planned moves, I managed to get examples of all three extant 465 subclasses, plus a couple of 466s.

From my observations, it seemed that Victoria services were guaranteed to be Networkers, but the Cannon Street/Charing Cross services could be a mixture of all three types. Is this the rule, or are there any Cannon Street/Charing Cross services which are guaranteed Networkers, just as a guide for future bashes.

Annoyingly Southeastern are not yet giving allocation details to Realtime Trains, which is a shame. Conversely, I was also trying to collect SWR 455s earlier this week and their allocations being available has been a godsend in that regard!
One to look out for is the weekday peak Charing Cross-Tunbridge Wells shorts are usually some combination of 465s and 466s. These used to be guaranteed 465/9s back in the first class days, but even since I've not seen one be 375s.

Established Member

Eight car max on the Dartford/Orpy - Vic services due to platform lengths, so all are Networkers, but a mixed bag for the rest. You can tell from the formations; in the metro area four or eight car trains can only be Networkers, five cars cannot be.

Still quite a few 465/9s on the T-Wells services, although the 9s also crop up on metro services from time to time.

EDIT: you’re right on the 376s which are by far the worst SE units in service, in my view. They lack a/c like the Networkers, but also lack their decent hopper windows, because the Electrostar bodyshell was designed for A/C.

Last edited: