• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern (GTR) - Trainee Train Driver (Future vacancies) - Various depots (02/06/23)

Chrysalis

I’ve just received an invite for an interview at Go-Ahead House! Looks like it’s the DMI as it’s with two Driver Managers. Hello nerves. :s
Same here!!! I had so many dates to choose from as compared with the MMI, too! This will be the last hurdle for me to overcome, so excited but also nervous!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asdfwho

Same here!!! I had so many dates to choose from as compared with the MMI, too! This will be the last hurdle for me to overcome, so excited but also nervous!

This is great news, you’re so close to entering the big unknown of waiting for a start date. Good luck to you, me, and everyone else for the DMI. Have you received the Personality Questionnaire yet?

LAbirdy

Hi, can anyone guide me on the difference between the DMI and MMI interviews for GTR
Not much to be honest.

DMI is with two driver managers. They ask competency based questions, also question why you want to join, what’s your motivation, what research have you done etc etc

MMI is usually done with someone from HR/ recruitment and they literally drill down on the six questions that you cover briefly in written form at the end of the paper exercises on the assessment centre

Everything is generally completed with the STAR format and if you search this forum thoroughly everything is there to help and assist you to within an inch of your life!

Good Luck

Samzino

Quite a few people also today are doing Assessments, including a friend of mine, Good luck to them!

james1996

Good luck to those who have their interview today. Does anyone know if you have to pass each DMI question or is it a combined score? So if you struggle on one question it may not matter if you did well on the other 5 questions?

baz962

Established Member
Good luck to those who have their interview today. Does anyone know if you have to pass each DMI question or is it a combined score? So if you struggle on one question it may not matter if you did well on the other 5 questions?
When I had a dmi with Thameslink in 2017 apparently I wasn't strong enough on one question.

james1996

I have completely forgotten what the MMI questions were which I had to give short answers for at the assessment day. Please can someone help me out?

Last edited:

asdfwho

Hi, found out today I passed the DMI with GTR (Southern), so excited. Just one more hurdle to go. MMI but I have completely forgotten what the MMI questions were which I had to give short answers for at the assessment day. Please can someone help me out with the questions?

When did you have your DMI? And congratulations, you’re almost there!

james1996

Thank you had my DMI last week, but now stressing that I cannot remember the questions and short answers I gave for the MMI

Stigy

Established Member
Not much to be honest.

DMI is with two driver managers. They ask competency based questions, also question why you want to join, what’s your motivation, what research have you done etc etc

MMI is usually done with someone from HR/ recruitment and they literally drill down on the six questions that you cover briefly in written form at the end of the paper exercises on the assessment centre

Everything is generally completed with the STAR format and if you search this forum thoroughly everything is there to help and assist you to within an inch of your life!

Good Luck
Worth reiterating also that the MMI forms part of the psychometric testing (so will. Count towards the “two lives” rule), whereas the DMI doesn’t.

suuuly

Thank you had my DMI last week, but now stressing that I cannot remember the questions and short answers I gave for the MMI
  1. Give an Example of where you gave good service whilst experiencing difficulty
  2. Give an example of where you had to persevere whilst learning
  3. Give an example where it was important that you did not make a mistake
  4. Give an example where you had to deal with an emergency or a situation under pressure
  5. Give an example of a situation where you had to follow rules and procedures
  6. Give an example of a role you have done which is similar to a Driver.

LAbirdy

There’s a November course pencilled in. Possible July course subject to trainers leave. School will be at capacity when the March course starts
Hi Sly Sloth

Do you happen to know yet whether there are courses planned for July /November?

There hasn’t been any update since your last post that I’m aware of and you appear to be in the know?!

Many thanks :)

REO Nate

Hi Sly Sloth

Do you happen to know yet whether there are courses planned for July /November?

There hasn’t been any update since your last post that I’m aware of and you appear to be in the know?!

Many thanks :)

A friend at Southern has told me that a July course has been scheduled in. Not sure about November, but @Sly Sloth might know more.

Sly Sloth

July course has been identified and filled. There is also an October course pencilled in which li likely to be all metro depots