• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Specific areas you think of about each TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

A S Leib

When thinking about each TOC, is there a specific route or region which you tend to think of first? Either because it's one you use regularly, or have strong memories of, or think it sums up the TOC as a whole.

My nominations would be
  • Euston – Tring / Milton Keynes Central, Marylebone – Aylesbury via Amersham, St. Pancras – St. Albans City and Aldgate / Baker Street – Amersham / Chesham / Watford, as for London Northwestern, Chiltern, Thameslink and London Underground they're the routes I've used the most
  • Paddington – Cornwall and the Devon and Cornwall branches for GWR; I don't instinctively think of the Thames Valley or Cotswold-adjacent routes when I think of GWR
  • The routes into Carlisle for Northern – I use the longer Northern routes considerably more than the Manchester / Leeds / Sheffield suburban routes, so I think of Cumbria before the... Southern North? Northern Midlands?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Similarly, Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley via Falkirk High (or via Airdrie) is fairly well covered by Scotrail.

Status
Not open for further replies.