• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticket "Delay Repay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western Sunset

Established Member
Just a quickie; asking for my brother-in-law. They had travelled from Bodmin Parkway to Padd; held split tickets (splitting at Swindon). Train arrived 37 late at Padd. Would delay repay be only on the Swindon - Padd portion of the split? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Agreed! You can claim for the whole journey from Bodmin Parkway to Paddington.

Western Sunset

Established Member
He's applied to GW, but they say he's got to claim through Trainline (where he bought the tickets). Trainline say apply through GW...
He's going round in circles.

jfollows

Established Member
He's applied to GW, but they say he's got to claim through Trainline (where he bought the tickets). Trainline say apply through GW...
He's going round in circles.
Claim Delay Repay from the train operating company causing the delay.

Trainline would only be used to claim a refund for cancellation/trip not made at all, that’s a different process. If he mentioned the “R” word that could be the reason for confusion.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As the ticket retailer, Trainline would only be relevant if your brother were seeking a refund (i.e. he decided not to travel).

Since he was delayed, it's Delay Repay he's claiming, and this is always claimed from the operator at fault (i.e. GWR here).

The online Delay Repay form doesn't require him to speak with anyone - you just enter your journey, ticket and personal details.

Western Sunset

Established Member
Thanks again. With all your help, I directed him along the right path...

I wonder how many get mixed-up between refund and repay, and just give up and don't bother to claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.