• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Volvodart

Established Member
19216 appears to have replaced it.

There was talk a few months back of two Enviro400MMCs moving to Aberdeen with Moray getting two E400s in their place to equalise the fleet age between depots, so this would align with that.
You would have thought that, as it often appears on the 35 and X35, something better than a bus seated one would have transferred.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Highland050261

On Moderation
If these "fleet cards" are publicly available, please provide the relevant internet links so that others may view them. If they're not publicly available, please refrain from mentioning them.
This is a copy of all Fleet cards.

Bowie

If these "fleet cards" are publicly available, please provide the relevant internet links so that others may view them. If they're not publicly available, please refrain from mentioning them.
Thank you, i’ve asked twice and yet got no answer

This is a copy of all Fleet cards.
Cheers lad

Aberdeen/Peterhead based 27601 SV59 DDZ has returned from being withdrawn, its to replace 27799 SV12 CZJ which suffered structural damage

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The structural damage on 27799 was actually caused by a collision with an Interdeck in Aberdeen bus station over a year ago, it was never properly repaired and it seems they've only decided to take it off since there are now E300s spare.

You can see in this photo below how the offside corner is quite badly deformed. Additionally most of the internal fittings in/around the cab are either cracked or partially missing with the main body frame exposed in places. Quite a poor show really that it was never repaired properly and has been on the road in such a bad condition for over a year.

27601 is currently inside the workshop at Stonehaven undergoing service prep.
You would have thought that, as it often appears on the 35 and X35, something better than a bus seated one would have transferred.
The Enviro400s especially the 57/58 plates shouldn't be on that sort of work anyway. According to internal sources Bluebird are looking to get new vehicles for the 35 in the next financial year, the plan i understand being if approved the existing 35 fleet would move to Aberdeenshire replacing the native 57/58 plate Enviro400s which are not Euro 6 and therefor need replaced before the implementation of the new LEZ zones. However it is still subject to approval from higher up within the group so may not happen...

Bowie

The structural damage on 27799 was actually caused by a collision with an Interdeck in Aberdeen bus station over a year ago, it was never properly repaired and it seems they've only decided to take it off since there are now E300s spare.

You can see in this photo below how the offside corner is quite badly deformed. Additionally most of the internal fittings in/around the cab are either cracked or partially missing with the main body frame exposed in places. Quite a poor show really that it was never repaired properly and has been on the road in such a bad condition for over a year.

27601 is currently inside the workshop at Stonehaven undergoing service prep.

The Enviro400s especially the 57/58 plates shouldn't be on that sort of work anyway. According to internal sources Bluebird are looking to get new vehicles for the 35 in the next financial year, the plan i understand being if approved the existing 35 fleet would move to Aberdeenshire replacing the native 57/58 plate Enviro400s which are not Euro 6 and therefor need replaced before the implementation of the new LEZ zones. However it is still subject to approval from higher up within the group so may not happen...
Jesus christ, a year of it being badly damaged yet still went out, why am i not surprised

Niche question but does anyone know the reason for the recent, idiosyncratic decision to send the 202 clockwise round the Woodside Road loop in Banchory, regardless of whether the service is running to or from Aberdeen, after nearly 40 years of a perfectly rational operating pattern in this part of the town?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Niche question but does anyone know the reason for the recent, idiosyncratic decision to send the 202 clockwise round the Woodside Road loop in Banchory, regardless of whether the service is running to or from Aberdeen, after nearly 40 years of a perfectly rational operating pattern in this part of the town?
The rerouting was done so that the Enviro400EVs can be used on the Aberdeen 202 duties, due to their long front overhang they're unable to make the turn from Arbeadie Road on to Station Road without grounding out.

PG

Established Member
The rerouting was done so that the Enviro400EVs can be used on the Aberdeen 202 duties, due to their long front overhang they're unable to make the turn from Arbeadie Road on to Station Road without grounding out.
Isn't this the sort of thing that a demonstrator is for? i.e. checking that the bus can fit round your routes/depots before buying some :o
Maybe no-one thought to check if the electric model had different dimensions to the diesel version...

Bowie

Isn't this the sort of thing that a demonstrator is for? i.e. checking that the bus can fit round your routes/depots before buying some :o
Maybe no-one thought to check if the electric model had different dimensions to the diesel version
Agreed

aberdeen1

Why are coaches being used so little on the 10 & M96 now?

I count 4 out right now, with a majority of the services being worked by the E400MMCs intended for the 35, and it seems like this is the case most of the time.

Bit ridiculous no?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches

I count 4 out right now, with a majority of the services being worked by the E400MMCs intended for the 35, and it seems like this is the case most of the time.

Bit ridiculous no?
It's bad enough that the E400s are being used on the 10, but I would be most disgruntled if one turned up on the M96. Sadly, I've noticed this happening a few times now.

Meanwhile, they're happy to run a coach on the 33A/C services in Elgin!

computerSaysNo

Established Member
It's bad enough that the E400s are being used on the 10, but I would be most disgruntled if one turned up on the M96. Sadly, I've noticed this happening a few times now.
I've noticed this too. Is the M96/M98 actually contracted by Citylink or is it a Stagecoach service which just happens to follow the Citylink/Megabus route lettering principle and just happens to be included on the Citylink website? Just wondering as if it's contracted then I can't imagine Citylink being very happy with Stagecoach putting non-coaches on it.

Highland050261

On Moderation
I've noticed this too. Is the M96/M98 actually contracted by Citylink or is it a Stagecoach service which just happens to follow the Citylink/Megabus route lettering principle and just happens to be included on the Citylink website? Just wondering as if it's contracted then I can't imagine Citylink being very happy with Stagecoach putting non-coaches on it.
Its a Stagecoach Route.

Tayway

There's the M39 from Inverness to Newtonmore as well, which has even less to do with Citylink than the M96.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Bit ridiculous no?
There aren't enough coaches, additionally the Ex-National Express Levantes are proving quite troublesome having recently replaced more reliable Panthers/Elites. 53731 is restricted to local services only while the other two Levantes can best be described as "knackered". The only reason they really took them on is because they tick the Euro 6 box having had HJS Exhaust systems retrofitted a few years back.

Bowie

I personally think people are over reacting. An E400MMC is fine on the M96 and 10. Its the E200’s and E300’s that shouldn’t be touching those routes

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I personally think people are over reacting. An E400MMC is fine on the M96 and 10. Its the E200’s and E300’s that shouldn’t be touching those routes
Do you think that an E400MMC is really suitable for a journey along the entire length of the A96?

Bowie

It’s a random statement i know but personally i feel like Bluebird has the MUCH better fleet then Highlands do. All Highlands (Specifically Inverness) have are MMCs , Evoras and Yutongs with the exception of 1 white E200 (MX14 FUP) and an Optare Solo SR, really goddamm boring if you ask me

I have travelled on enough levantes with National Express. Rather a coach than a E3OO.
Fair enough to be honest, coachs are much better suited on the 10, although Double deckers are also fine I personally feel

Bowie

Inverness based 28650 SV12 AAK is tracking on routes despite being withdrawn. Worth noting its obviously not actually AAK and is probably 48055 YJ71 GWG that recently came down to Inverness from Orkney

Bowie

I was led to understand that the new fleet that Orkney got was to stay on the island permanently and not be transferred off to other operations, was this vehicle surplus or have they gone back on that idea now
No idea bud. As of now we now have 3 Orkney buses here instead of there. SJ72 HNN, YJ71 GWN and now YJ71 GWG

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I was led to understand that the new fleet that Orkney got was to stay on the island permanently and not be transferred off to other operations, was this vehicle surplus or have they gone back on that idea now
The vehicles are owned outright by Stagecoach. Renewal of the entire fleet was part of Stagecoach's bus service tender bid for Orkney in 2021, they then did the same with Skye last year and the Inverness/Aviemore/Tain this year while the tenders in Caithness were awarded to Aaron's Of Wick.
No idea bud. As of now we now have 3 Orkney buses here instead of there. SJ72 HNN, YJ71 GWN and now YJ71 GWG
There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as to why 21398 was ordered for Orkney in the first place. The 72 and 73 plate long 21xxx Evoras are only 46 seats whereas the 71 plates are 49 seats therefore 21398 is unsuitable for the school contracts on Orkney, hence why it only went there briefly before coming back down to Inverness. More recently 21398 has been on loan to Skye to cover for warranty work on the 72 plates while Enviro200 FM36 on loan from Ferrymill Motors covering for it at Inverness/Tain.

I believe too many Solos were ordered for Orkney as such 48059 became surplus to requirements, 48055 is presumably just on loan for a few months as i'd assume the PVR (Peak Vehicle Requirement) on Orkney will be lower over the winter period.

Bowie

The vehicles are owned outright by Stagecoach. Renewal of the entire fleet was part of Stagecoach's bus service tender bid for Orkney in 2021, they then did the same with Skye last year and the Inverness/Aviemore/Tain this year while the tenders in Caithness were awarded to Aaron's Of Wick.

There doesn't seem to be a clear answer as to why 21398 was ordered for Orkney in the first place. The 72 and 73 plate long 21xxx Evoras are only 46 seats whereas the 71 plates are 49 seats therefore 21398 is unsuitable for the school contracts on Orkney, hence why it only went there briefly before coming back down to Inverness. More recently 21398 has been on loan to Skye to cover for warranty work on the 72 plates while Enviro200 FM36 on loan from Ferrymill Motors covering for it at Inverness/Tain.

I believe too many Solos were ordered for Orkney as such 48059 became surplus to requirements, 48055 is presumably just on loan for a few months as i'd assume the PVR (Peak Vehicle Requirement) on Orkney will be lower over the winter period.
So does that mean theres a chance SJ72 HNN will be coming back to Inverness eventually based on your info? The Orkney livery is so much nicer so it’d be nice to have it come back here.

Bowie

So 26130 X25 HBS is currently with Bluebird. Whether its a loan or a transfer is unknown although its most likely just a loan. Not sure why they’d need to borrow an Inverness bus tho lol

Last edited:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
So 26130 X25 HBS is currently with Bluebird, weather its a loan or a transfer is unknown although its most likely just a loan. Not sure why they’d need to borrow an Inverness bus tho lol
It has Bluebird legal lettering which suggest its a transfer, the loan buses usually just have a "on loan to..." A4 sign in the window.

So does that mean theres a chance SJ72 HNN will be coming back to Inverness eventually based on your info? The Orkney livery is so much nicer so it’d be nice to have it come back here.
In theory yes. I'm surprised it hasn't been repainted yet given they wasted no time in repainting 48059.