• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stansted “meet and greet” parking.

Established Member
Apologies for the crushingly boring nature of the question. Last time I flew out of Stansted was 2015.

Is the “meet and greet” essentially the same thing as valet parking, where you rock up at the terminal, they take your key, get your bags out of the boot and take the car off to be parked? Difficult to distinguish from the other options which seem to be a parking up and taking a bus to the terminal.

Looking like £100 for a four day trip which sounds reasonable when I don’t trust the railway network to get us there :D.

Ta in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Apologies for the crushingly boring nature of the question. Last time I flew out of Stansted was 2015.

Is the “meet and greet” essentially the same thing as valet parking, where you rock up at the terminal, they take your key, get your bags out of the boot and take the car off to be parked? Difficult to distinguish from the other options which seem to be a parking up and taking a bus to the terminal.

Looking like £100 for a four day trip which sounds reasonable when I don’t trust the railway network to get us there :D.

Ta in advance.
£100 is more than your car is worth ;)

bspahh

Established Member

Ta in advance.
Its worth checking for reviews of the meet and greet parking services. I read one news story about one which had left the car parked on a street.

For 4 days from May 14-18th https://www.stanstedairport.com/parking/ quotes £104 for me with the Blue short stay car park, £92 for the mid stay and £80 for the long stay car parks. You can get a bit of cashback through www.topcashback.co.uk or www.quidco.com

westv

Established Member
Its worth checking for reviews of the meet and greet parking services. I read one news story about one which had left the car parked on a street.
Was that the "official" Airport M&G or an offsite operator?
I've used the service at Leeds Bradford x 2 and East Midlands (I think) prior to Covid without issue.

Iskra

Established Member
To answer the OP’s question, yes it is. My experience of Stansted Meet and Greet has been overwhelmingly positive.

bspahh

Established Member
Was that the "official" Airport M&G or an offsite operator?
I've used the service at Leeds Bradford x 2 and East Midlands (I think) prior to Covid without issue.
I think the story about the car being parked in a street was for a no name company.

However, these are the Google Reviews for "official" https://www.stanstedairport.com/parking/meet-and-greet
Bonnie Cassidy
11 reviews·3 photos
8 months ago
Wish I had read these reviews beforehand. Collected my car on Monday night. It was parked at a very strange angle and very close to another car - I could just about get in and had to pull out to access it properly. When I looked in the daylight yesterday, there are scratches all down the driver's side. Contacted Stansted and they are refusing to take responsibility. Absolutely disgusting. If you read down, other reviews say exactly the same thing and I'm sure there will be another car with identical marks down the passenger side that collected on Monday night. DISGRACEFUL - please do not use

These are Tripadvisor Reviews for https://www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk/
80. Re: Meet & Greet Parking at STANSTED airport
27 Dec 2023, 20:33

I wish I had seen this message before booking with Stansted Meet &Greet.

Imagine leaving a perfectly fine car with a “reputable” company as I travel with my 8 month old. Just to come back to a car with a metal nail in the back wheel?

Their response: you must have driven all this way with the nail as our staff never reported any incidents which may have caused this?

There are some positive reviews, but quite a few from people who have come back to find their car scratched or with a puncture.

I used to park at Stansted quite a lot for work trips, and I used to use the Mid Stay car park as a balance between time (mine) and cost (not mine as I would claim on expenses). I have used off site parking a few times for long stays when I have been paying.

I live in Ely, and the train service has improved with trains later in the evening, so I normally just use that.

Stansted built bigger short stay car parks, and don't even quote for the mid stay car park if the trip is for 2 days. If I drive, I use the least expensive short stay car park (none are "cheap"). I quite like a walk. I really hate waiting for a bus to get to the car park when I'm tired at the end of a trip.

Pugwash

We used the Green Multi Storey carpark earlier in the year, it is a 5 min walk away.

I find it much more preferable to letting someone I don't know drive my car to a possible off-site location.

route101

Established Member
I am not keen in letting someone take my car and park it. I use car parks where I park myself. Some of prices at Glasgow airport are high for short trips, £70 for one night!

westv

Established Member
I know at LB airport a camera takes a picture of your car's condition as you arrive at M&G

pitdiver

At East Midlands they take pictures of your car when you arrive at the M&G. I am using it tomorrow. Had it on good authority that it works very well. Also it's only a couple of minutes from check in and as my wife is a wheelchair user it's extremely convenient.

nlogax

Established Member
I am not keen in letting someone take my car and park it. I use car parks where I park myself. Some of prices at Glasgow airport are high for short trips, £70 for one night!
Glasgow short term airport parking is generally extortionate but valet parking can work out to be reasonable in comparison to the multi-storey over the 7 day minimum period.