• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swindon to London day return

Status
Not open for further replies.

the-manxman

I may have to visit the UK next week and will be staying in Swindon. If I do, I would like to make a day trip from Swindon to London on the Friday (9th December). However, all the fares I have found are £50+. Is there any cheaper way of doing this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

timstours

after 0941 day return swindon -didcot parkway then day return to paddington or a 1-6 travelcard half the price 0f £50 .
or catch the 66 bus to oxford then as above ,buses are every 20 to 30 mins

Romilly

Established Member
£45.50 super offpeak return valid for departures from Swindon on the 1041 or later trains. Not valid on peak-time departures from Paddington back to Swindon, but valid on the 1905 and later departures from Paddington.

Or if you restrict yourself to trains that call en route at both Didcot and Reading, you can reduce the price to £35.30 by buying offpeak day returns for Swindon-Didcot, Didcot-Reading and Reading-London. First outward train on which that combination can be used is the 0945 Swindon-Paddington train. You can stay on that train all the way through to Paddington with those tickets. On the way back, that combination will be good on e.g. the 1912 and 1930 and later departures from Paddington.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.