• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWML weekend closure (10 & 11 Sept) in the Woking area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
OK so I'm looking at a journey on SWR on Sunday 11 Sept.

There are engineering works 'in the Woking area' over the weekend - between Woking and Basingstoke on Saturday, and between Weybridge and Basingstoke on Sunday, closing all lines.

NRE Future engineering work page (for SWR on 11/9/22)

SWR Planned train engineering works page - Buses replace trains in the Woking area on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September

However on looking up trains from Waterloo to Weymouth this Sunday (11th Sept), I have found three trains that appear to run via Woking (including a stop there) - the 09:35, 11:35 and 12:35 departures from Waterloo.

Here is the FastJP results page which shows these trains, but do please note this is not a specific issue with FastJP as they also show up on the NRE planner and the SWR booking engine (and presumably everywhere else too).

However looking at Realtime Trains for Woking on Sunday 11th, it only shows replacement bus services. Likewise, RTT for Waterloo (filtered for services calling at Woking) only shows a replacement bus service.

I assume that the three 'ghost' trains I've found in the journey planner aren't actually running, but if so why on earth are they showing up? If I was a passenger turning up at Waterloo expecting a normal service on Sunday, having checked my journey ahead of travel, I think I'd legitimately feel fairly peeved off on finding out I'd been given duff information.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
OK so I'm looking at a journey on SWR on Sunday 11 Sept.

There are engineering works 'in the Woking area' over the weekend - between Woking and Basingstoke on Saturday, and between Weybridge and Basingstoke on Sunday, closing all lines.

NRE Future engineering work page (for SWR on 11/9/22)

SWR Planned train engineering works page - Buses replace trains in the Woking area on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September

However on looking up trains from Waterloo to Weymouth this Sunday (11th Sept), I have found three trains that appear to run via Woking (including a stop there) - the 09:35, 11:35 and 12:35 departures from Waterloo.

Here is the FastJP results page which shows these trains, but do please note this is not a specific issue with FastJP as they also show up on the NRE planner and the SWR booking engine (and presumably everywhere else too).

However looking at Realtime Trains for Woking on Sunday 11th, it only shows replacement bus services. Likewise, RTT for Waterloo (filtered for services calling at Woking) only shows a replacement bus service.

I assume that the three 'ghost' trains I've found in the journey planner aren't actually running, but if so why on earth are they showing up? If I was a passenger turning up at Waterloo expecting a normal service on Sunday, having checked my journey ahead of travel, I think I'd legitimately feel fairly peeved off on finding out I'd been given duff information.

Have you reported your findings to SWR so they can get it fixed?

Bob M

Do these trains go Waterloo Woking Guildford Havant Bournemouth?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Do these trains go Waterloo Woking Guildford Havant Bournemouth?
The diverted ones do. Four weekends running I believe. The 3 trains being asked about are not in RTT at all, not even with cancelled visible.

Timetraveller

Trains are being diverted on Sunday via Surbiton, Effingham Junction, Guildford and Havant from Waterloo to Weymouth

Due to closure between Weybridge and Basingstoke.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Have you reported your findings to SWR so they can get it fixed?

I did not, no - not sure how far (if anywhere) it'd have got with front-line customer services, and I was busy so didn't have the time or volition to press the issue. Besides, posting it here is just possibly as good a way as any of bringing it to the attention of those who could fix it (or give a nudge to those who could fix it).

Anyway, I checked last night (late evening of Saturday 10th Sept) and the three anomalous trains I had identified no longer appeared in the planners.

However today I did look at a journey on another Sunday (this time in October) when it turns out there are also engineering works 'in the Woking area', and seemingly found at least one similarly anomalous train showing...

Status
Not open for further replies.