• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL Child Zip card - how many can you have per child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taunton

Established Member
TfL have child Zip photocards for travel on their services from age 5. How many cards can you have? If held by the child that will last a few days before it is lost/forgotten. If held by parents what if both travel with the child separately - one takes to school, the other picks up. If you apply for duplicates (£10 a time) is the previous one cancelled, or are multiples allowed? There's no provision to say how many you want.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thedbdiboy

It's one per child. My son is now old enough to look after his own but when he was smaller my wife and I had to coordinate who had it

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
And to clarify, yes the old one is cancelled if you order another. You can only have one per child at any one time.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Presumably a child too young to look after their Zip Card doesn't actually need it to travel, as they're free with an accompanying adult anyway?

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
But if they have a zip card they get free travel on National Rail in zones 1-9.
Of course they can. Its changed since I had a child under 11!
You'd think they would have thought of something to cater for this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.