• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thalys Seat Reservations - Possible to choose seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As title really! Is there any scope for choosing specific seats on Thalys? Or are you just stuck with whatever the website assigns you? I couldn't see an obvious way of doing so on the website but perhaps missed something or maybe its an option after you've bought the tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
As title really! Is there any scope for choosing specific seats on Thalys? Or are you just stuck with whatever the website assigns you? I couldn't see an obvious way of doing so on the website but perhaps missed something or maybe its an option after you've bought the tickets?
Reading Seat61 seems to imply not, as it mentions that Thalys can't even guarantee forward or rearward facing as the booking system has no idea which way the trainset will face. You can choose a few preferences it seems, such as aisle/window.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Reading Seat61 seems to imply not, as it mentions that Thalys can't even guarantee forward or rearward facing as the booking system has no idea which way the trainset will face. You can choose a few preferences it seems, such as aisle/window.
Hmm annoying, thanks for checking Seat61, I should have thought to check there really!

Status
Not open for further replies.