• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Peterborough line Sunday & bank holiday timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdBrux

If I read it correctly the Peterborough line Sunday service terminates at KX and does not go through the core, at least in early January. Yet other services from ECML do go through the core. Anyone know why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
If I read it correctly the Peterborough line Sunday service terminates at KX and does not go through the core, at least in early January. Yet other services from ECML do go through the core. Anyone know why?
Which Sunday do you mean? The route is closed this weekend (24th December).

But I would suspect it is down to engineering work, even if it is south of the Thames.

CdBrux

Looking at 1st Jan, which I think is a Sunday timetable. I was under impression this is not so much of a one-off though

Steve Harris

Looking at 1st Jan, which I think is a Sunday timetable. I was under impression this is not so much of a one-off though
You are correct. Peterborough services go to Kings Cross on Sundays and always have done since the Peterborough- Horsham service was introduced.

As to the reason why ? No idea I'm afraid.

Minstral25

Established Member
At the other side of London last May the rump Hourly London Bridge to Horsham (via Redhill) service was withdrawn and tagged onto the 2 per hour Bedford to Three Bridges (via Redhill) service. I guess they don't need to run as many through the Core on a Sunday when service reduces to hourly, so divert the service into Kings Cross.

bramling

Veteran Member
Was surprised to find them on an Ely last week as well

Regular booked work to Ely six days a week since May. Indeed there are even two booked trips to Kings Lynn as well.

Not all of the Ely to King’s Cross services are 700, but many are.

As an aside, some of the peak Peterborough extras are also 700/0 or 700/1 now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.