• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Trainee Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomHaley

Got the email this morning… now just waiting for a line manager interview, well pleased. Great news just before Christmas :D

Shunter44

I had an email this morning about the Bedford depot. Due to limited places and high demand, I'm on file for consideration for an assesment centre in 2015. Hope I get in!

airbus

Got my email today as well! I am chuffed to bits! :)

Congratulations guys, I hope they have enough vacancies for everyone who passed the process up until this point... After all they are expanding the network massively with a number of new trains and train driver positions so I think this is a perfect time to join the company.

Wonder when they are planning to hold the DM interviews and what the training start dates are.

ps. Hello to everyone on the forum, thought it was the high time I joined :)

joeynova27

My friend who works for the company reckons they want 80 drivers by July!! No idea how factual that is but sounds promising

387star

On Moderation
thought FCC had a problem with shortages as well and then trained up a load clearly wasn't enough

Last edited:

inthearea

I have just got confirmation of a driver manager interview, so excited and time to prepare..... any advice?! Thanks in advance,

E&W Lucas

Established Member
That's going to require a very significant number of minder drivers. Will be pleasantly surprised if they've enough!!

Good luck to all those applying.

Skyblumatt

Hello all

First post, firstly to say thanks for all the advice on here as I too have managed to reach the Driver Manager interview stage. Couldn't have done it without all the advice on here .
Random question (hopefully not an inappropriate one)
When I first applied it was as FCC back in March, that process was halted after an email advising me about the contract change.
Next thing I knew was an out of the blue email a month ago to an assessment centre.
Am I to presume the salary for this position is as was advertised by FCC earlier in the year? Or has this changed now Govia Have the franchise?
Any info from those applying more recently than me gratefully appreciated

Matt

westcoaster

Established Member
Hello all

First post, firstly to say thanks for all the advice on here as I too have managed to reach the Driver Manager interview stage. Couldn't have done it without all the advice on here .
Random question (hopefully not an inappropriate one)
When I first applied it was as FCC back in March, that process was halted after an email advising me about the contract change.
Next thing I knew was an out of the blue email a month ago to an assessment centre.
Am I to presume the salary for this position is as was advertised by FCC earlier in the year? Or has this changed now Govia Have the franchise?
Any info from those applying more recently than me gratefully appreciated

Matt

Salary will be the same as advertised.

joeynova27

Anyone else have their driver manager Interview!? How did everyone think that they did!? Any news!?

airbus

Guys have you had any news yet? I got a successful email today!!! Now medical next week. It is all happening so fast....

I will be based at Blackfriars depot. Anyone else on 2 Mar start date?

joeynova27

Nothing for me yet.... I couldn't start in March as have my stag do in Vegas so no idea if that put them off. Congratulations though... Hope I hear soon

Status
Not open for further replies.