• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Do you mean on a straight line between the two or south of Aberdeen and north of Nottingham?
On the assumption that you mean the latter, I will go for Darlington Bank Top.

andrew bell

Do you mean on a straight line between the two or south of Aberdeen and north of Nottingham?
On the assumption that you mean the latter, I will go for Darlington Bank Top.

I mean the latter, its not well written I will admit that

Clue 2 This station is served by 1 TOC

Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
Clue 1:
This station does not contain any words with a prime number of letters in its name.

Ivo

Established Member
Sandplace

Oh, hold on, the branch is loosely hourly - but it isn't. D'oh.

Clue 1:
This station does not contain any words with a prime number of letters in its name.

A very interesting (and improved ;)) first clue!

---------------

As Robinson will no doubt know, last night I was introduced to a new type of clue for this game! I hope you all enjoy it; I will be sure to use it next time I have the floor! :p

clagmonster

Established Member
I think I have worded clue 1 quite badly, and may find I am due a 6 point penalty. That said, taking the same interpretation lots of other people are due one point penalties.

Clue 4:
In the English version of the game, if proper nouns were allowed, assuming that no blank tiles were used and that no tiles were laid on special scoring squares, this station's name would score 14 points in a game of Scrabble.