• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Through tickets to Bristol Airport

AdamWW

Established Member
Are through tickets to Bristol Airport via the Airport Flyer no longer available?

Neither National Rail now GWR seem to want to sell me one, and Crosscountry don't even appear to have it as a destination.

The Bristol Flyer web site says there's a rail ticket machine in the airport which will sell through tickets to UK rail destinations but maybe it's out of date.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cornish Pasty

On the GWR site use the station code QAE for the bus

Better still use the forum ticketing site using the station code XPB for the bus.

superalbs

Established Member
Are through tickets to Bristol Airport via the Airport Flyer no longer available?

Neither National Rail now GWR seem to want to sell me one, and Crosscountry don't even appear to have it as a destination.

The Bristol Flyer web site says there's a rail ticket machine in the airport which will sell through tickets to UK rail destinations but maybe it's out of date.
Still there as of two weeks ago.

AdamWW

Established Member
On the GWR site use the station code QAE for the bus

Better still use the forum ticketing site using the station code XPB for the bus.

Thanks

I did try QAE and it couldn't find any journeys.

Trainsplit works just fine...should have tried that.

I usually use trainsplit (via the forum) to buy tickets but not to look for direct fares because I don't get on with the user interface very well.

Though it looks as if the train fare + separate bus fare is the same as the through fare, though railcard discounts seem to get applied to the whole fare not just the rail component so that's something...

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks

I did try QAE and it couldn't find any journeys.

Trainsplit works just fine...should have tried that.

I usually use trainsplit (via the forum) to buy tickets but not to look for direct fares because I don't get on with the user interface very well.
Tip: you may prefer the new user interface; the plain Trainsplit will offer you the option to try it. The forum site could move over to the new interface next week, I am told.

SargeNpton

Established Member
With the introduction of another airport connection via Weston-super-Mare a few months ago (the A3 bus), the links to the airport were re-jigged.

QAE deals with fares via Bristol Temple Meads and QAF for fares via Weston-super-Mare. Both of those link to XPB as the actual timetable destination for the buses. Experience suggests that different journey planners deal with that situation successfully and some don't.