• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Track Diagrams on Isle of Wight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainguy34

*Mods - Please move to another forum if needed* Does anyone know where to access the track diagrams for the Isle of Wight, more specifically, what stations have what amount of platforms on Island Line. I don't need the Steam Railway but would be helpful to know. Thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Details of the Island Line are shown in the Fourth Edition of "Railway Track Diagrams" (Southern & TfL) by TRACKmaps (Published 2019). Don't propose to add a scan of same, though, as it's copyrighted material but you should be able to obtain (purchase) a copy relatively straightforwardly.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Brading has gained a second platform since then.
Fair enough. Was showing as 'out of use' in the 2019 edition. The (recently reinstalled) passing loop at Brading station will also be missing from TRACKmaps as well.

Buzby

My local library had a copy and a few others. Try there before spending money! Full disclosure- after borrowing it for a month, I really needed my own copy as the amount of data in these slim volumes is incredibly detailed. They were on a famous auction site for around £4 with free P&P!

Veteran Member
Operational platforms - 2 at St John's Rd, Brading and Sandown (and Havenstreet).
AFAIK the 3rd platform at St John's is a siding.
Disused 2nd platforms at Pier Head and Esplanade.

Trainguy34

Operational platforms - 2 at St John's Rd, Brading and Sandown (and Havenstreet).
AFAIK the 3rd platform at St John's is a siding.
Disused 2nd platforms at Pier Head and Esplanade.
I assume everywhere else has a single platform and if so, thats perfect, Thanks

Ryde Pier Head/Esplanade - Two platforms, only one in use.
Ryde St. Johns Road - Three platforms, all in use. Note that Platform 3 is a siding/headshunt, so not for timetabled passenger services.
Smallbrook Junction - One platform.
Brading - Three platforms. Two in use. One out of use (old Bembridge branch).
Sandown - Three platforms. Two in use. One out of use (remains of Newport branch/latterly siding).
Lake - One platform.
Shanklin - Two platforms, only one in use.

Trainguy34

Ryde Pier Head/Esplanade - Two platforms, only one in use.
Ryde St. Johns Road - Three platforms, all in use. Note that Platform 3 is a siding/headshunt, so not for timetabled passenger services.
Smallbrook Junction - One platform.
Brading - Three platforms. Two in use. One out of use (old Bembridge branch).
Sandown - Three platforms. Two in use. One out of use (remains of Newport branch/latterly siding).
Lake - One platform.
Shanklin - Two platforms, only one in use.
Thats perfect, job done then!

Status
Not open for further replies.