• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Interview - Northern Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec_10

Hi - Does anyone know if the DM interviews have finished yet or if they are still ongoing and when interviewees are likely to hear back?

I know there was over 140 applicants to interview.

This recent vacancy at Manchester doesn’t seem to have created much talk/interest on this forum where as most Northern vacancies do which I find is abit odd.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alfielee

Hi - Does anyone know if the DM interviews have finished yet or if they are still ongoing and when interviewees are likely to hear back?

I know there was over 140 applicants to interview.

This recent vacancy at Manchester doesn’t seem to have created much talk/interest on this forum where as most Northern vacancies do which I find is abit odd.

Cheers
I believe friday was the last day of interviews, and got told 5-7 days to be told the outcome..

Alfielee

I think it went well, conversation and questions flowed well, fingers crossed. How did yours go?

Dec_10

Same here I think it well but you just dont know do you.

I was interviewed for exactly an hour. The two Driver Managers were good, it was fairly relaxed. They said over 650 people had applied.

Just a case of trying to be patient and resisting the urge to constantly look at your emails which I struggle with:D.

Dec_10

Yeah best of luck with the process. If you hear anything -keep us updated and I will do likewise.

Keith Roberts

Can you advise on what sort of questions were asked s ive got my managers interview coming up this week?

Dec_10

Research about the role and the company and refer to the interview material they send you and concentrate on the competencies highlighted.

Futurerail86

I also had my interview last week and felt it went ok. Possibly one or two examples I gave may not have been detailed enough or convincing enough but always hard to tell. Interview was fairly relaxed with good flow of conversation. Also told would be between 5-7 days to hear back could even roll into next week so fingers crossed still and checking emails regularly haha! Good luck to you all :)

Dec_10

They’ve done well getting through all them interviews in such a short space of time and to turn around results within a week. There appeared to be only 2 interview panels running on my day last week. Good luck!

Alfielee

They’ve done well getting through all them interviews in such a short space of time and to turn around results within a week. There appeared to be only 2 interview panels running on my day last week. Good luck!
There was 2 panels running when i was there also, and i believe pic was also interviewing...

Dec_10

Tbh I didn't even ask which stations within Manchester the vacancies would be for. I would bite the hand off for any:). I hope the interview result is prior to weekend so it's not a long weekend of anticipation.

Dec_10

Cheers. Wednesday afternoon I got the call. Have you checked the online recruitment portal? Not necessarily pal - they could be still sifting through the results.

Alfielee

Cheers. Wednesday afternoon I got the call. Have you checked the online recruitment portal? Not necessarily pal - they could be still sifting through the results.
Yeah checked online, can only hope lol

tpc

Glad i read this just checked and i had a missed call on friday which i didnt recognise the number, turns out they left me a voicemail message so i need to email them back. Did you get any further info about dates for an assessment day?

Dec_10

Congrats - well the recruitment consultant said there are no assessment dates available at the moment, however they want to proceed with the medical (which is normally the last step) and return to the assessment when one becomes available.

tpc

Congrats - well the recruitment consultant said there are no assessment dates available at the moment, however they want to proceed with the medical (which is normally the last step) and return to the assessment when one becomes available.
ah right i guess i will wait for a reply hopefully some dates will free up soon, well done on getting through it was a tough interview!

Dec_10

Last Wednesday by telephone to inform me I had passed the interview and then I've been in contact with the recruitment consultant via email Tuesday and yesterday in regards to the medical and assessment.

stujones

Last Wednesday by telephone to inform me I had passed the interview and then I've been in contact with the recruitment consultant via email Tuesday and yesterday in regards to the medical and assessment.

Thanks, I had the phone call too and she said she was looking to book week commencing the 10th and that I’d be contacted soon but not heard anything, I’ll try sending her an email in the morning.

Kimbob

Well done to those that got through I'm a conductor for northern I'm looking into a trainee driver role in the future how to get through the sift process any guidance would be appreciated

Dec_10

Hi - the best thing I advise to do is look through all the recent threads on here regarding Northern Trainee Train Driver postions.

I did the same thing and there is some really helpful and relevant tips and advice regarding what you need to putting on the application form. It’s all about evidencing skills/aptitudes relevant to the role of a train driver.

I imagine working internally you’ll be able to get your hands on an application form to familiarise yourself with it. I would then start listing numerous examples for each compentecy question and then have an application form ready for the next up and coming vacancy as the jobs are normally only advertised for a matter of days.

Just makesure you’re exampling all the skills and criteria relevant to the role and to the job spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.