• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffcsteve14

Well done mate you've done well, you'll stroll the medical!

Thanks! Hope so. I have same problem as other people mentioned on here (wedding and Gok already booked and paid). Emailed the recruitment team who said they would look to put me on a later course if successful. Little hope for other people with weddings/hols booked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RailNewbie2

Hi all. Another newbie here (hence the name) I attended the assessment centre in York on the 24th and was told we should hear something by the end of last week. No email or anything yet. Have tried emailing the Azuma email but no response. Seems like people getting to the psychometric/medical stages are either drivers or have rail backgrounds. I have neither. (Complete newbie) not really sure what to make of it all lol ??????

Ffcsteve14

Hi all. Another newbie here (hence the name) I attended the assessment centre in York on the 24th and was told we should hear something by the end of last week. No email or anything yet. Have tried emailing the Azuma email but no response. Seems like people getting to the psychometric/medical stages are either drivers or have rail backgrounds. I have neither. (Complete newbie) not really sure what to make of it all lol ��

I'm a newbie. No rail background. Passed psychometrics and have medical next week so keep the faith

FManc

Hi all. Another newbie here (hence the name) I attended the assessment centre in York on the 24th and was told we should hear something by the end of last week. No email or anything yet. Have tried emailing the Azuma email but no response. Seems like people getting to the psychometric/medical stages are either drivers or have rail backgrounds. I have neither. (Complete newbie) not really sure what to make of it all lol ��

I was at York on the 24th as well.
Have you heard anything at all i.e. have they told you if you got through to the psychometric tests?

Thechosen1

Thanks! Hope so. I have same problem as other people mentioned on here (wedding and Gok already booked and paid). Emailed the recruitment team who said they would look to put me on a later course if successful. Little hope for other people with weddings/hols booked.

Atleast you got an email back from them! I've emailed them and rung them loads and got absolutely nothing back...Very frustrating!

RailNewbie2

I was at York on the 24th as well.
Have you heard anything at all i.e. have they told you if you got through to the psychometric tests?

Nope nothing at all. Unless I missed the email, but I check inbox and spam every few hours lol

FManc

Nope nothing at all. Unless I missed the email, but I check inbox and spam every few hours lol ????????????

Ah just stay positive :) until you get that email you're still in the running! I imagine the team have got an enermous task sifting through everyone from all the assessment days hence why it's taking so long. I know some people have heard back (good and bad news). I'm just awaiting a date for the psychometric tests at the moment.

RailNewbie2

Ah just stay positive :) until you get that email you're still in the running! I imagine the team have got an enermous task sifting through everyone from all the assessment days hence why it's taking so long. I know some people have heard back (good and bad news). I'm just awaiting a date for the psychometric tests at the moment.
Yeah just have to wait and see. Well done on getting through. I'll start to worry about psychometric testing if I get through!

Slet25

I attended the psychometrics on the 24th January and found out the next day that I passed the tests and will have to fill out a medical questionnaire and attend a face to face appointment to complete my medical. That's the last I have heard and have sent a couple of emails and also left a couple of answerphone messages to B.W but still haven't heard anything. I am also a newbie so didn't know if they was starting all the qualified first then start working through the rest of us.

Kaltias

Still no date for psychometrics... I found out three weeks ago I was through to the tests and no correspondence since then!

Anyway, congratulations to all who have made it to the end! Should be very very proud of yourselves guys

Kaltias

Still no date for psychometrics... I found out three weeks ago I was through to the tests and no correspondence since then!

Anyway, congratulations to all who have made it to the end! Should be very very proud of yourselves guys

5thrail

Well done guys

Is there anyone else who attended Edinburgh assessment day still awaiting psychometric dates?

YogiBear

Still waiting to hear back from the assessment at Kings x on the 17th, I guess no news is good news!

FManc

Does anyone remember when the final testing days were in February from the sheet we had to fill out? I seem to remember hearing on the day that they need to give 7 days notice as well.

Danny1860

Still waiting to hear back from the assessment at Kings x on the 17th, I guess no news is good news!

Me too, I don't know if anyone from the same London dates have had knock backs yet, I know a few on here have progressed.

HTBFD

I remember at least one date towards the end of Jan appear on the sheet, along with quite a few consecutive days in early Feb, so think we may be approaching the end stages of that list.
I was fortunately able to tick all the boxes as could have made myself available for any, so thought maybe people who could only do one or two dates might be taken care of first to ensure nobody misses out. Purely theoretical and based on nothing but guesswork, but its getting me through the wait.

angelface80

Attended my assessment last Thursday PM in Newcastle, just received my thanks but No thanks email. Just wanted to wish all of you good luck, been lurking on this page for a few weeks now. All the best

jeffround

Long time watcher and first time poster here.

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that the group assessments were nonsense? Having worked on the railway in a number of jobs, I can honestly say that the group exercises were quite pathetic.

I won't say who I work for, but what I will say is I am glad my employer doesn't do silly group things

FManc

I remember at least one date towards the end of Jan appear on the sheet, along with quite a few consecutive days in early Feb, so think we may be approaching the end stages of that list.
I was fortunately able to tick all the boxes as could have made myself available for any, so thought maybe people who could only do one or two dates might be taken care of first to ensure nobody misses out. Purely theoretical and based on nothing but guesswork, but its getting me through the wait.

Yeah I seem to remember the last one being next week :|
We'll have to wait and see I guess :)

Thechosen1

Attended my assessment last Thursday PM in Newcastle, just received my thanks but No thanks email. Just wanted to wish all of you good luck, been lurking on this page for a few weeks now. All the best

Unlucky mate, you done well to get this far 16,000 almost down to around 350 for group assesments it says in Doncaster mess room on a poster I seen the other week.

Davidson4301

This waiting is killing me ! im feeling slightly worried that I have had nothing since I got the email saying I was successful at the assessment stage. Maybe I'm not the priority with already having completed full physcometrics but I haven't even had confirmation that they have checked my scores.
I've emailed twice and left a voicemail. I dont want to pester them anymore so it's just a case of waiting patiently I think. Anyone else in a similar circumstance to me ?

Last edited:

Slet25

This waiting is killing me ! im feeling slightly worries that I have had nothing done saying I was successful at the assessment stage. Maybe I'm not the priority with already having completed full physcometrics but I haven't even had confirmation that they have checked my scores.
I've emailed twice and left a voicemail. I dont want to pester them anymore so it's just a case of waiting patiently I think. Anyone else in a similar circumstance to me ?

I have been for my physcomethics and passed them bit that's all I've heard from them aswell. I've left a couple of answerphone messages and emails but just going to leave it now until they get in touch with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.