• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

TacoTraveller

One final question - it says to bring ID which is fine as I've got a driving licence, but does the proof of National Insurance number have to be physical or can I show the page from the HMRC website that has the NI number on it?
I took last months payslip with me that has your NI on it.

They accepted it and my DL.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Reagan3698

One final question - it says to bring ID which is fine as I've got a driving licence, but does the proof of National Insurance number have to be physical or can I show the page from the HMRC website that has the NI number on it?
I used a payslip from my current job.

BlueMike26

There was a guy in the room when I was there on Tuesday that had to leave and come back the following day because he didn't have a physical copy of something showing his NI number.

There was a guy in the room when I was there on Tuesday that had to leave and come back the following day because he didn't have a physical copy of something showing his NI number.
Thankfully our printer decided to play ball this morning so I have got a physical copy of the letter. Now just killing time at Starbucks by the station!

Aviator88

Well that's stage 1 done, now the wait begins... I thought it all went well but I only managed about 3/4 of the phone book (with and without tones) which I'm finding difficult to gauge... Anyway, good luck to everybody else waiting, hope you're not on tenterhooks for too long!

Well that's stage 1 done, now the wait begins... I thought it all went well but I only managed about 3/4 of the phone book (with and without tones) which I'm finding difficult to gauge... Anyway, good luck to everybody else waiting, hope you're not on tenterhooks for too long!
I thought we'd be there a lot longer - email said finish by 5pm - I'm going to be back in MK by just after 5... I think it went well, but it's hard to tell - and I've got that useful TRP1 information stuck in my head for the forseeable :lol:

Bigsej

Ok so it seems they emailed me last Friday but I somehow missed it as it was not from the OPC admin email - silly me!

Anyway, I passed! Off to Watford for the next round on the 8th December.

Does anyone know if there is parking available at Watford OPC?

baz962

Established Member
Ok so it seems they emailed me last Friday but I somehow missed it as it was not from the OPC admin email - silly me!

Can't remember as I got the train. Quite a big multi story v near and loads of others near enough.

TacoTraveller

Don't overthink your results.

I thought the dots and memory went well. I also managed 3/4 on both directories and managed into the 30s on the dials and I'm onto the next round.

My results arrived 7 days after I sat them.

There's nothing you can do from this point onwards until you get the email. Try not to overthink it too much and work from when you get the email

Sorcerer

I thought the dots and memory went well. I also managed 3/4 on both directories and managed into the 30s on the dials and I'm onto the next round.
That's actually very similar to my results, so that gives me a lot more confidence! Hopefully I did well enough on TRP1 that I get through, but I'm not going to be cheering just yet.

Aviator88

Don't overthink your results.

My results arrived 7 days after I sat them.

There's nothing you can do from this point onwards until you get the email. Try not to overthink it too much and work from when you get the email
Cheers pal - good luck for Stage 2!

Ex2215

I had a quick look on Google maps and it doesn't look like there's any parking

TacoTraveller

Weird how some have their computer tests in Watford and some like me have theirs at Crewe again.

Must be something to do with the dates

Jonsutt

Weird how some have their computer tests in Watford and some like me have theirs at Crewe again.

At Watford they can only do 6 or 7 a day where elsewhere may be a bigger room and can do more

Bigsej

Where do you live? I wonder if they assign locations due to geography? I’m going to Watford and I live in London.

Ex2215

Where do you live? I wonder if they assign locations due to geography? I’m going to Watford and I live in London.
I don't think it's based on location as I live about 30 miles west of Crewe and I'm doing stage 2 in Watford. I think it's just the luck of the draw.

Dec718

I don't think it's based on location as I live about 30 miles west of Crewe and I'm doing stage 2 in Watford. I think it's just the luck of the draw.
Must be luck of the draw because I live in Crewe (about a 4-5 min drive to the assessment centre) and I’m in Watford on the 9th :( had my first assessments at Crewe as well!

Skyblumatt

Definitely look of the draw as just returned home from Crewe - and I live in Watford
Small group - only 4 of us sitting tests today
Unfortunately I had quite a spectacular meltdown on the perception test (street images) so end of the road for me
Passed the others so will go again in 6 months I guess
Best of luck to all those in it and that I met today and on the 16th for Stage 1

Jordan1991

Definitely look of the draw as just returned home from Crewe - and I live in Watford
Unfortunately I had quite a spectacular meltdown on the perception test (street images) so end of the road for me
Best of luck to all those in it and that I met today and on the 16th for Stage 1
Sorry to hear that, but at least you know what to expect the next time around now. What happened for you to mess it up? Did you still have to sit the CBI or did you get sent home after the computer tests?

TacoTraveller

Did they tell you the results before you left?

Sorry to hear this thought at least it's all experience for your next attempt

Whacker

Sorry to hear that, but at least you know what to expect the next time around now. What happened for you to mess it up? Did you still have to sit the CBI or did you get sent home after the computer tests?
They don’t let let you sit the CBI if you fail any of the other tests

rhys37429

Anyone staying in Watford I recommend the Jury Inn. Clean and quiet. Far superior than the Travelogde.

Mabs

No you can do assessments as many times as you want but get two lives if you fail any part of the assessment twice then you cannot do it again. But Avanti does CBI instead of MMI. So if you do the CBI I believe (not 100% sure) it overrides the MMI so if you fail it, that's one life gone, so when you apply to another TOC and have to do an MMI you only have one life left to get it right.

So yes with confirmation: if you decide to go ahead with Avanti you have to do the CBI but if you have a MMI pass it will override the MMI. The CBI is much harder than the MMI so if you fail it , you have one life remaining when you go to do your MMI *again* when you apply for another TOC. So it's a huge risk.
I'm gonna cancel my application with Avanti. The MMI was hard enough and I passed it. I don't wanna risk losing a life even though I've still got both left.

Jonsutt

Did they tell you the results before you left?
You do all the tests except CBI/MMI then they send home those that have failed any part then the rest do the interviews. You then wait for an email to tell you if you've passed