• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers (Talent Bank) - Avanti - Multiple Locations (02/10/22)

FManc

Do you know when they got the call?

I'm guessing 8 or so on a course, and if 3 have already been given places, chances are the next course is already full.

Yeah the number of people on a course seems to range from anything around 7-10 from what I’ve seen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chippychips

Do you know when they got the call?

I'm guessing 8 or so on a course, and if 3 have already been given places, chances are the next course is already full.
Yeah mate it was 2 weeks ago Thursday or Friday (21st or 22nd September).

Probably, full already. Next course is beginning of February for Crewe.

nithen

Very common misconception that all applicants for these roles are on here, so making up theories based on that idea isn't the best idea.

Anyone had anymore info about the polmadie course starting 30th October? Was expecting some info but now guessing it won’t come through till week or so before course start date.

om1997

As per r8k's post above!
got a feeling it’s mainly Euston applicants that have heard back, I’ve seen a few applicants in a different forum for the guys who only applied this year, had their DMI in September this year and have been offered a course next year

Shinigami

got a feeling it’s mainly Euston applicants that have heard back, I’ve seen a few applicants in a different forum for the guys who only applied this year, had their DMI in September this year and have been offered a course next year
This sounds right. I’m a Euston applicant and I received a start date. Highly surprised that the next batch already have start dates though

om1997

This sounds right. I’m a Euston applicant and I received a start date. Highly surprised that the next batch already have start dates though
My bad, I read the other forum as in they’ve got a place in next years already only just after passing in September, they’ve just clarified it up then haha

Aviator88

I'm a Euston applicant - I've been in the talent pool since April, hoping to get some good news soon! I believe there are still a few of us for Euston waiting from the last recruitment drive.

Shinigami

I'm a Euston applicant - I've been in the talent pool since April, hoping to get some good news soon! I believe there are still a few of us for Euston waiting from the last recruitment drive.
Seems like it is in order because the people that had their DMI before me received their start date before me and I passed before you and received mine before you. The person I spoke to did tell me that “there are people AHEAD of you in the talent pool” so there is clearly an order. Doesn’t seem to be via score like some people were suggesting. This way is actually way more fair. Just a matter of waiting your turn. Fingers crossed you’ll be up soon

TP113

When did you get your start date? And what course are you on? I passed in March.

Pdtraintrack

I’m a Manchester applicant, been in TP since early March, still waiting! Got a feeling Euston is being pushed ahead and most other depots on hold. It is taking an age. Have any of the other Manchester applicants heard back yet?

Last edited:

Aviator88

Seems like it is in order because the people that had their DMI before me received their start date before me and I passed before you and received mine before you. The person I spoke to did tell me that “there are people AHEAD of you in the talent pool” so there is clearly an order. Doesn’t seem to be via score like some people were suggesting. This way is actually way more fair. Just a matter of waiting your turn. Fingers crossed you’ll be up soon

I was running with this train of thought, but it appears that there are people from the latest recruitment drive now being offered course dates, so I'm not sure what to make of that - I suspect they may be factoring in previous qualifications, I.e. everybody who needs Maths functional skills will be on one course and so on, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Shinigami

I was running with this train of thought, but it appears that there are people from the latest recruitment drive now being offered course dates, so I'm not sure what to make of that - I suspect they may be factoring in previous qualifications, I.e. everybody who needs Maths functional skills will be on one course and so on, but that's pure speculation on my part.
I don’t know how true this is. I haven’t been following the other forum religiously but I don’t recall anyone saying they have been offered a course date from that recruitment drive. I’ve seen a few of them say they have sat their DMI and are in the pool but that’s about it

Ses16

They said to me in an email update that I won’t be on a course till march/april. I do need a functional skills maths class but was told I could do one now or wait to do one on the course. Debating whether to just get it out of the way now tbh. Unless there’s any benefit to doing it while on the train driver course?

I’m from the latest intake and can only assume we’ll get our offers within this month. As so our emails from them said.

Ned21

They said to me in an email update that I won’t be on a course till march/april. I do need a functional skills maths class but was told I could do one now or wait to do one on the course. Debating whether to just get it out of the way now tbh. Unless there’s any benefit to doing it while on the train driver course?

I’m from the latest intake and can only assume we’ll get our offers within this month. As so our emails from them said.
I'm from the latest intake, I hope your right that we maybe on a course March/April.

Ses16

I'm from the latest intake, I hope your right that we maybe on a course March/April.
Hey my fingers are crossed for everyone waiting but I can only speak for myself with that info which was given to me.
I know I need to do a functional skills course, so going on what someone speculated, they might want to put those lot together.

om1997

New emails just been sent out

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well.

As promised, I have an update for where we are with the talent pool. Offers have now been made for the January course and this course is now full! If for any reason someone pulls out, I will offer that position to the next person in line at that particular depot.

Most of you have already sent over your certificates for your maths and english GCSE/Level 2 qualifications at grade C or above, if you haven't done this, please do so at your earliest convenience. Please note it is ONLY maths and english that will be accepted.

The next confirmed courses will be in March and April 2024. I will start making offers for this in January. There will be a maximum of 10 people per course across all driver depots.

In the meantime, if you have already achieved a grade C or above in Maths and English but don't have the certificates, you can contact the exam body you sat with and request a copy of the certificates.

Ses16

New emails just been sent out

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well.

As promised, I have an update for where we are with the talent pool. Offers have now been made for the January course and this course is now full! If for any reason someone pulls out, I will offer that position to the next person in line at that particular depot.

Most of you have already sent over your certificates for your maths and english GCSE/Level 2 qualifications at grade C or above, if you haven't done this, please do so at your earliest convenience. Please note it is ONLY maths and english that will be accepted.

The next confirmed courses will be in March and April 2024. I will start making offers for this in January. There will be a maximum of 10 people per course across all driver depots.

In the meantime, if you have already achieved a grade C or above in Maths and English but don't have the certificates, you can contact the exam body you sat with and request a copy of the certificates.
Ah my info was correct then with the next course dates.

Ses16

Has anyone had an update about the march/April course slots?
Was going to ask this group this too. The 2023 intake doesn’t seem to get pool updates like the 2022 lot do. Are there many of you guys (specifically euston) left for start dates?