• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Training material for bus (D) theory test

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymonddaf

Im looking to sit my theory test asap and have purchased a pack that contains the info to study for the test, its called the cpc pcv complete training guide and comes with the following:

• Driver cpc the official dvsa guide for professional bus and coach drivers
  • know traffix signs fifth edition
  • official dsa guide to driving busses and coaches
  • plus it also has mock tests, hazard perception etc.

My query is that i cant see anywhere on these where it provides information that have come up in some of the mock tests i have done, below is a few eamples of the questions that came up in the mock test that im basically needing information on to study:

• The time is 10.00 am. You've been driving non-stop since 6.00 am. Under EU rules, what's the longest you may now drive without a break?
  • What do the codes shown on the side walls of bus and lorry tyres refer to?
  • Your coach often tows a trailer. How often should you check the trailer tyres for pressure?
  • The bus you're driving is fitted with automatic transmission. When would you use kickdown?
  • What's the most powerful brake on a bus?
Any help on this would be greatful as im looking to get a test booked asap.

Thanks
Ray

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mwanesh

Your first question the answer is 30 minutes.You can drive for 4hr 30mins EU regs.5hr30 minutes under domestic driving rules. 2 The markings on a tyre are the words, lettersand symbols written on the sidewall of the tyre. As well as the name of the brand and the range (in our example, BFGoodrich g-Grip), you can read the size and characteristics of the tyre: width, sidewall height, diameter, tread pattern, load index and speed rating (courtesy of google. 3 you check with the daily first user check.4 Kickdown is used when you drive off from stationary. 4 i think its the foot brake .If you are doing with a bus company they will give you additional material.If you are private funding check with the place you are training with for extra paperwork

raymonddaf

Thanks for the reply im more interested in where to find material to study.

The place im going to study with only does the practical driving side, no theory so looking to see where i can pick this up.

As i said i bought one online but it does not contain any the info for questions like above that have come up in a mock test.

Mwanesh

For drivers hours check the dvla or dvsa website for regulations its all there hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.