• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield new liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuddie

I'm trying to work out how many varients there are now of the new Transdev Livery styles, off the top of my head I can think of (colours listed as front colour/rear colour)

Harrogate - Red/Dark Red
Keighley - Green/Dark Green
Blackburn - Blue/Dark Blue
Burnley - Orange/Dark Orange
Coastliner - Light Blue/Blue
York - Dark Blue/Darker Blue (although no vehicles painted yet)
Cityzap - Silver/Red
Red Express - Red/Blue
36 - Red/Black
Dalesway - Yellow/Green
Hotline - Purple/Dark Purple
Aireline - Red/Green
Mainline - Red/Orange
Little Explorers - Yellow/Orange
Tottington Line - Green/Yellow
Rosso - Orange/Yellow
ValleyLine - Yellow/Blue

Thats 17 varients so far and I'm sure I've missed something.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
The 'Pride of the North' buses - Grey/Black

I can't think of any more currently, but the advert for the buses ordered for Rosso's 464 depicts another two tone purple livery.

Plus of course there's all sorts of older liveries still running round. Are there any colours you can't currently find a Transdev bus in?

SCH117X

Established Member
Two already mentioned liveries are re-run as:-
School Bus Urban Cool Yellow/blue
Electric Solos Grey/Black (although these are supposed to repainted in two tone red)

Yellow/red is used for MyBus School buses
All over Magneta Vamooz
Butterscotch/Maroon (the old Harrogate livery) still exists on President 2709 albeit that is stored for reuse and unlicensed at present - probably qualifies as the missing brown livery

Established Member
Alex was involved in far more liveries at Trent !

Is it really sensible to have all these different liveries? Trent Barton have an identity as a whole. I'm not sure anyone who doesn't regularly use the bus knows that say Blackburn/Burnley/Rosso or any of their branded routes are the same company with through tickets.

SCH117X

Established Member
Is it really sensible to have all these different liveries? Trent Barton have an identity as a whole. I'm not sure anyone who doesn't regularly use the bus knows that say Blackburn/Burnley/Rosso or any of their branded routes are the same company with through tickets.
Just how many different liveries do Trent Barton have! As someone who grew up in Nottingham when the city buses were green and Trent and Barton were red todays multi rainbow colours from both operators hardly smacks of any corporate identity. The Pride of the North livery is Transdev Blazefields corporate one, prior to that it was uninspiring plain white with red logos.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I think some of you are missing the point about the different liveries. Transdev aren’t trying to establish a corporate identity like Stagecoach/First/Arriva, but keen to project an identity that reflects the local areas in which they operate. They are also keen to provide ‘brands’ for what are often the strongest performing routes at each location.
I think all the various liveries and brands also incorporate ‘brought to you by Transdev’, but to the vast majority of potential passengers that is largely irrelevant.

goldisgood

I think some of you are missing the point about the different liveries. Transdev aren’t trying to establish a corporate identity like Stagecoach/First/Arriva, but keen to project an identity that reflects the local areas in which they operate. They are also keen to provide ‘brands’ for what are often the strongest performing routes at each location.
I think all the various liveries and brands also incorporate ‘brought to you by Transdev’, but to the vast majority of potential passengers that is largely irrelevant.
Agreed - it's a different business strategy. People don't like corporate brands on the whole, and using a local identity can 'trick' people into thinking that the company is local, and often council owned. I was talking my friend who asked me why Oxford Bus Company's buses were older than Stagecoach's and a lady said it's because the council own them and they have less money to spend...

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Agreed - it's a different business strategy. People don't like corporate brands on the whole, and using a local identity can 'trick' people into thinking that the company is local, and often council owned. I was talking my friend who asked me why Oxford Bus Company's buses were older than Stagecoach's and a lady said it's because the council own them and they have less money to spend...
Corporate brands are one thing but this is about marketing certain products. After all, you don’t go into supermarkets and see rows of off white boxes marked “Cornflakes” or “Soap Powder”. This is targeted marketing and product differentiation.

Butterscotch/Maroon (the old Harrogate livery) still exists on President 2709 albeit that is stored for reuse and unlicensed at present - probably qualifies as the missing brown livery
I believe 2709 is now in Vamooz livery though it has not been out yet

vlad

Corporate brands are one thing but this is about marketing certain products. After all, you don’t go into supermarkets and see rows of off white boxes marked “Cornflakes” or “Soap Powder”. This is targeted marketing and product differentiation.

According to xkcd that's the very way to go about branding!

Established Member
Really? Proctor & Gamble, Heinz and Unilever could save a fortune on advertising - the fools :lol:

Whether I buy Heinz beans does not usually affect my purchase of Heinz ketchup though. It's bad enough there are so many different bus companies without Transdev creating the illusion of barriers between their own services. (I know Go Ahead do this as well, but most of their businesses are well spread out.)

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Whether I buy Heinz beans does not usually affect my purchase of Heinz ketchup though. It's bad enough there are so many different bus companies without Transdev creating the illusion of barriers between their own services. (I know Go Ahead do this as well, but most of their businesses are well spread out.)
Yes but you do know that Heinz manufactures beans as well as ketchup. That’s because of marketing!

Stan Drews

Established Member

I’m intrigued. What barriers do Transdev create between their own services?

SCH117X

Established Member
First also are very slowly giving their operations local identities; Buses of Somerset, Leeds City

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
First also are very slowly giving their operations local identities; Buses of Somerset, Leeds City

Indeed, certain First outposts are very less than corporate. First Kernow is increasingly so (though with a lot of Barbie Tridents also in evidence.

First FHD has the Southampton operation now all in red, with much of Pompey having Star routes blue.

First West of England has the orange Excel for North Somerset to Bristol services, whilst Wells depot has dark blue and gold Mendip Explorer as its identity and Westbury has yellow and brown for its Discover routes.

I could go on but the loosening of corporate guidelines makes more colourful in the First world

Status
Not open for further replies.