• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Swimbar

Well, if I've read it correctly, an Airport Return from Leeds to the Airport will have give up by 50p to £6.50 since I used it last November.

I'm don't know regarding the fares from Harrogate or Bradford...
It's difficult to compare with Harrogate being outside the WYMetro controlled area but a Yorkshire Tiger weekly pass including North Yorkshire is £24 whilst the Transdev Equivalent a Gold7 appears to be £38

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northrob

It's difficult to compare with Harrogate being outside the WYMetro controlled area but a Yorkshire Tiger weekly pass including North Yorkshire is £24 whilst the Transdev Equivalent a Gold7 appears to be £38

You are getting a larger area of coverage though. Although it appears that the weekly ticket for the Flyer services only is £24.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
You are getting a larger area of coverage though. Although it appears that the weekly ticket for the Flyer services only is £24.

Or if you just need the ones to Bradford or Leeds it's £18. £10 for the Flyer network if you work at the airport.

markymark2000

On Moderation
If Flyer gets included in Keighleys 'K' zone (Since the zone covers LBA, Shipley and Bradford on the existing routes) then prices remain similar. IF they aren't included though, Leeds/Bradford fares increase.

Yorkshire Tiger offer £4.50 for a day ticket (which includes Flying Tiger or so they suggest) compared to Transdevs Leeds/Bradford £6.50 for a return.
Weekly tickets on Leeds/Bradford flyers would be £15.50, now increased to £18 (unless you are an Airport employee and then your fare is reduced)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If Flyer gets included in Keighleys 'K' zone (Since the zone covers LBA, Shipley and Bradford on the existing routes) then prices remain similar. IF they aren't included though, Leeds/Bradford fares increase.

Yorkshire Tiger offer £4.50 for a day ticket (which includes Flying Tiger or so they suggest) compared to Transdevs Leeds/Bradford £6.50 for a return.
Weekly tickets on Leeds/Bradford flyers would be £15.50, now increased to £18 (unless you are an Airport employee and then your fare is reduced)

That return ticket is valid for 28 days.

A day ticket valid on all operators throughout West Yorkshire is £6.70 to buy on the bus or £5-£6 on an MCard.

That weekly ticket has gone up. The one valid for the whole network is £24, the same as Yorkshire Tiger, but in includes local routes in Harrogate rather than the Bradford area (and unconnected routes round Halifax/Huddersfield/Rochdale).

markymark2000

On Moderation
That return ticket is valid for 28 days.

A day ticket valid on all operators throughout West Yorkshire is £6.70 to buy on the bus or £5-£6 on an MCard.

That weekly ticket has gone up. The one valid for the whole network is £24, the same as Yorkshire Tiger, but in includes local routes in Harrogate rather than the Bradford area (and unconnected routes round Halifax/Huddersfield/Rochdale).
Maybe it is valid for 28 days but not useful for people using the service as a local bus and not for airport use. Bearing in mind that all bar the Leeds City run are local bus services getting local people about and arguably make very little money from airport passengers compared to local travel.

If £8 is their return, you must be looking at £4.50 minimum for a single (otherwise you would just sell people 2 singles). That makes the single fare the equivalent of the current day ticket. Still a fare increase.

Weekly network tickets I saw have stayed the same and as you say it does cover a large area, albeit a different large area compared to Tiger. The more local ticket however is up by £2.50 which is a big hike.

duncombec

Maybe it is valid for 28 days but not useful for people using the service as a local bus and not for airport use. Bearing in mind that all bar the Leeds City run are local bus services getting local people about and arguably make very little money from airport passengers compared to local travel.

In that case, though, it is labelled Airport Ticket. It is possible there will be other, more standard, day return tickets available. They do suggest you tweet them for more information; so rather than speculating on what might be happening, if anyone is that bothered why don't they try asking!

northrob

If £8 is their return, you must be looking at £4.50 minimum for a single (otherwise you would just sell people 2 singles). That makes the single fare the equivalent of the current day ticket. Still a fare increase.

Weekly network tickets I saw have stayed the same and as you say it does cover a large area, albeit a different large area compared to Tiger. The more local ticket however is up by £2.50 which is a big hike.
You're still not quoting like for like. £8 is the return fare from Harrogate to the Airport. Accoring to their own website, the Yorkshire Tiger day ticket at £4.50 is not valid between Pool Bridge & Harrogate. You may be correct that the day return ticket price from Leeds will be going up by a fair amount, however we haven't been given that information...

RustySpoons

Timetable published for the flyer bus services (Leeds-Bradford Airport). Decent frequencies but not the round the clock. TBH, I expect that the recent changes due to COVID have called time on any plans to run through the night.

How different are the Transdev times compared to Tiger?

Already seen one unhappy person on Twitter complaining airport staff won't be able to get to work...

I don't think the times are all that bad, and should be more than enough for travellers (when things get back to normal at least).

bluenoxid

Established Member
Look similar to me. I understand that the previous 757 timetable is available on the Yorkshire Tiger website at the moment (scroll down to Leeds timetables)

Roilshead

Look similar to me.
Yes, generally similar, with some earlier arrivals to/departures from airport: but . . . on Sunday the first A1 doesn't leave Bradford until 06:57, whereas first 737 is currently at 06:00 (that's the routing via Shipley and Guiseley), however, the first 747 currently leaves Bradford at 05:15 whereas the first A2 will leave at 04:30 (that's the routing via Apperley Bridge); and on Sunday the first departures of both A1 and A2 from the Airport to Bradford are about an hour later then they are currently on the 737 and 747; and on Mondays-Fridays the first A3 leaves Leeds centre about half-an-hour later than the current 757, and about an hour later on Sundays.

Roilshead

A Yorkshire Tiger day ticket at £4.50 is cheaper than a Leeds-Airport day return, and the same price as a Leeds-Airport single at £4.50. If you get off at the stop just outside the Airport on Whitehouse Lane - a five minute walk to the terminal building - then the substantially cheaper non-airport fare of £2.90(?) single applies. I've never seen an airport worker board/alight at the terminal terminus, they always board/alight at the penultimate stop on Whitehouse Lane . . .

SCH117X

Established Member
A simple improvement to the A2 would be have one bus worked by Starbeck so saving on the empty run from Idle to Harrogate in the morning Mon-Sat and subject to appropriate scheduling in the evening running the 2140 from Bradford beyond the Airport to Harrogate.

Cesarcollie

A simple improvement to the A2 would be have one bus worked by Starbeck so saving on the empty run from Idle to Harrogate in the morning Mon-Sat and subject to appropriate scheduling in the evening running the 2140 from Bradford beyond the Airport to Harrogate.

No doubt the company will have considered that and decided against it....

RustySpoons

I feel that may cause issues with the Tiger staff that have been TUPE'd over. If one A2 is worked from Harrogate, would it be a Harrogate driver on Tiger pay/work contracts, in which case he/she may have to take a pay cut. Or would it be a Tiger driver on the TUPE'd contract, on Tiger pay/work contract operating out of Starbeck and feels should be on the same contract/wage as the rest of the Starbeck team.

spuddie

Also if you have just one vehicle at Starbeck, if that becomes unavailable you would need to either allocate another spare there or use a Harrogate livered vehicle. Not the end of the world I know but more likely to have a correct livered vehicle if all at one depot.

darloscott

Also if you have just one vehicle at Starbeck, if that becomes unavailable you would need to either allocate another spare there or use a Harrogate livered vehicle. Not the end of the world I know but more likely to have a correct livered vehicle if all at one depot.
Not to mention the contract requirement of luggage racks too, which would mean another spare vehicle kitted out the same. More cost for a gain of £20 a day saving on dead mileage.

markymark2000

On Moderation
You're still not quoting like for like. £8 is the return fare from Harrogate to the Airport. Accoring to their own website, the Yorkshire Tiger day ticket at £4.50 is not valid between Pool Bridge & Harrogate. You may be correct that the day return ticket price from Leeds will be going up by a fair amount, however we haven't been given that information...
Sorry, I thought the £8 was the like for like as I didn't check the website again since my previous posting.

Just noticed that a tweet from Flyer says that the A3 (current 737) will run along the 747 routing between Guiseley and Yeadon.

They've also confirmed that M-Cards are valid within the MCard zone which is good for those users.

RustySpoons

Going off the brilliant WYIS fleetlist it appears there's a new selection of Enivros entering the Rosso fleet from various sources...

117290801_1131342243919745_4031874528955578803_o.jpg

Judging by the original owners they're likely to be dealer/stock spec, but I'd hazard a guess that the seats will be retrimmed into Transdev-spec at least.

northern506

Going off the brilliant WYIS fleetlist it appears there's a new selection of Enivros entering the Rosso fleet from various sources...

View attachment 82055

Judging by the original owners they're likely to be dealer/stock spec, but I'd hazard a guess that the seats will be retrimmed into Transdev-spec at least.

I'm guessing these are possibly to replace the older Solos usually found on the B1 etc.?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches

View attachment 82055

Please copy and paste the text from external sources rather than just posting a screenshot. Thanks :)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
A Yorkshire Tiger day ticket at £4.50 is cheaper than a Leeds-Airport day return, and the same price as a Leeds-Airport single at £4.50. If you get off at the stop just outside the Airport on Whitehouse Lane - a five minute walk to the terminal building - then the substantially cheaper non-airport fare of £2.90(?) single applies. I've never seen an airport worker board/alight at the terminal terminus, they always board/alight at the penultimate stop on Whitehouse Lane . . .

For anyone catching the services within West Yorkshire with any regularity, but not often enough for a season, 12 Journeys will cost £21 (so less than £2 each).

We’ve simplified tickets in Leeds & Bradford. There’s now one ticket covering our and other Transdev buses across both cities. Buy Leeds Bradford tickets for the same price as our old Leeds or Bradford ones. 12 journeys £21 7 days £18 28 days £61

Bwsbro

Transdev Flyer

It seems from the video in the attached Tweet showing the new rear advertisment for the Flyer sercvices. The Optare Versas are to recieve private numberplates

SCH117X

Established Member
The WYIS fleetlist is on the ball -
238 Y8TDV
239 T9TDV
241 T11TDV
242 to 277 T2TDV to T7TDV
278 T18TDV

RustySpoons

The WYIS fleetlist is on the ball -
238 Y8TDV
239 T9TDV
241 T11TDV
242 to 277 T2TDV to T7TDV
278 T18TDV

Relatively none sensical and unnecessary re-registrations.

Looking forward to seeing one on the road though, it's always hard to picture what they'll actually look like going off unbranded base liveries and teaser shots.