• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual traction at Denton

Status
Not open for further replies.

billh

What appeared to be a Ferrybridge- Fiddlers Ferry coal train , usually an FL 66 produced 2x Colas Rail 56s around 13:00. Odd also because it didn't appear on RTT around that time. Am I mistaken with the ID? Not seen a 56 round here for years, then two turn up at once!
Bill

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
What appeared to be a Ferrybridge- Fiddlers Ferry coal train , usually an FL 66 produced 2x Colas Rail 56s around 13:00.
That was 4Z44 Leeds Stourton to Cardiff Pengam; despite appearances,
it wasn't actually a coal working, but an empty stone train, using former coal hoppers.

MARK

Ash Bridge

Established Member
What appeared to be a Ferrybridge- Fiddlers Ferry coal train , usually an FL 66 produced 2x Colas Rail 56s around 13:00. Odd also because it didn't appear on RTT around that time. Am I mistaken with the ID? Not seen a 56 round here for years, then two turn up at once!
Bill

No your not mistaken Bill, I saw it pass by here a little later and I was so surprised I forgot to record the numbers :oops: a real blast from the past when they used to scream past here on MGR trains, and yes I also couldn't see this train on RTT.

Many thanks for enlightening us Mark :)

Last edited:

Freightmaster

Established Member
It's been referred to on WNXX as "a new Colas working" which suggests it's not a one-off.
It's a new Colas contract (although not new to rail as such,
as it was previously operated by DB) to haul trainloads of
gritstone from Neath to Leeds and Washwood Heath.

MARK

AndrewE

Established Member
Bill

I couldn't find something on RTT, but someone here pointed out that if you search by "Actual order" instead of the default "WTT order" your observed train often pops up!

Status
Not open for further replies.