• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin advances - seat reservation enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing Sailrail with the boy in a couple of weeks, and booked advances which come with reservations on the Euston - Holyhead leg. I'd asked for facing on a table but having checked the seating plan its airlines back (....l)

Are Virgin overly bothered if you choose to ignore your reserved seats and sit in an unreserved? Never a problem on East Coast. We're on the 09:10 Euston - Holyhead on a Thursday which I believe is a double 221 with the rear set left at Chester. Likely to be busy? If perhaps we just ignored the reservations and look for a table in the shop coach where its all tables?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Searle

Established Member
Never have had a problem with them, or any other operator for that problem, and I usually move seats!

gazthomas

Established Member
I agree, I've never had a problem and you'll find the train getting quieter and quieter as it nears Holyhead so seats shouldn't be a problem.

Welshman

Established Member
Are Virgin overly bothered if you choose to ignore your reserved seats and sit in an unreserved? Never a problem on East Coast. We're on the 09:10 Euston - Holyhead on a Thursday which I believe is a double 221 with the rear set left at Chester. Likely to be busy? If perhaps we just ignored the reservations and look for a table in the shop coach where its all tables?

I cannot speak on Virgin's policy on sitting in your designated seat, but, normally, the 0910 ex Euston to Holyhead [and 1358 return] run as a 10-coach formation throughout, so vacant seats should not be a problem!

Seats booked are H33 H34. Should have double checked at the counter but Euston was *busy*

CallySleeper

Established Member
The 09.10 to Holyhead is 2x221 throughout. H33/34 are indeed adjacent airline seats.

One of my train managers at the weekend was requesting that those with reservations sit in their seats. Generally if the train is busy and/or if the seat reservations aren't displayed.

island

Veteran Member
That tends to be a busy service. If you can find free seats which you prefer, you probably won't be disturbed, but you will do well to get them.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
coaches D & K are best if declassified as they have the highest proportion of table seats, the seats align with the windows and there's often lots of unreserved seats

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Also the middle one of the 5 coaches (C in a single unit formation) on 221143 and 221142(?).

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Just sit there if it's not reserved. I don't think I've ever sat in a reserved seat on an advance before and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.