• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin onboard CSA's recruitment day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLR

Hey guys....does anybody here already work as an onboard CSA for VT? If so can anyone give me any advice on how to pass the recruitment event I have next week....especially the maths test!!! Thanks! xx

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Hi SLR. Never applied for CSA so not sure and let's hope someone will be along to help soon. In the meantime, all I CAN say is try to relax, listen to instructions / read questions carefully and if in doubt, ASK!

Have you tried to find any practice tests on Google? Might be one on SHL.com At least if you've given it a go you won't be going in blind, so to speak...

Best of luck!

SLR

Hi, thanks for that info. I did look for some practice tests and could not find any, but I will have a look at that website now. Thanks again xxxxx

RJ

Established Member
I can't say I've heard of Virgin using SHL tests for any of the CSA roles.

There will be a multiple choice comprehension test, where you're required to extract the relevant information from a case study. There will also be a Maths test, where you'll be presented with a menu, you'll need to add up prices so only basic arithmetic (no calculators!) addition/multiplication skills required. You'll also need to read a timetable and answer questions about journey times.

Status
Not open for further replies.