• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Only ticket on replacement bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

faddy

My son's travelling tomorrow on an Advance leaving Euston at 17:07 and arriving at Lime Street at 20:52 with an engineering diversion via Stockport. As he lives near South Parkway it would be quicker for him to get the replacement buses to Runcorn and then on to South Parkway, arriving at 20:50. I guessed that it wouldn't be valid on the buses and Virgin's Twitter feed has confirmed this.

In my relatively limited experience tickets are never checked on replacement buses so I'm wondering whether there'd in practice be any difficulty in him going that way. Might there be a barrier check at Crewe?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
It’s not permitted as you have been told. There would be little harm in asking the guard on the day if the ticket could be endorsed to allow it but I think it is unlikely.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
An Anytime Day Single from Crewe to South Parkway is £10.40, if it's worth that to do it. Yes, technically you can't alight short on an Advance, but it isn't being done to save money (indeed, you'd be paying more) so, particularly if you buy it online and have it in your hand at Crewe, there won't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.