• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Warley 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogba11CFC

For my trip to Warley this November, I am in four minds as to what to do.

1) The most simple option is the 09:31 from Winchester to Birmingham International.

2) The next option is the 07:23 from Winchester to Basingstoke, then GWR to Reading and 09:12 to Birmingham International. This would give me an extra hour, but I have been stung by first SWR and then NR on both occasions that I tried to take the train in the past (failure at Eastleigh and over-running engineering works at Basingstoke, neither of which are remotely tolerable or acceptable) and I can't help but feel that they're preparing to pull a similar stunt should I take this train again.

3) Saturday evening, night at Premier Inn, back Sunday.

4) Go on Saturday and miss Chelsea vs Tottenham on BT Sport.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I would say option 3 if you can find a decent priced hotel in the area. Option 2 (which I assume uses the first Basingstoke - Reading GWR) can be unreliable with that service getting replaced by a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.