• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Westbury to Manchester with TfW

LiftFan

I am planning to travel to Manchester on Friday (19th) and come back on the Monday (22nd) from Westbury. I want to do this via TfW to use their LCHS however the RSTOnline website is no longer saying fares are available to Crewe via Hereford, which is how I split the tickets last time (February). I have looked at splitting at Nantwich however the 12:30 on the Monday doesn't stop there. What would be the best way to split my tickets and why are fares no longer available to Crewe via Hereford?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Should still be an £90.50 Anytime Return fare available (before any applicable railcard discount, or £59.70 if you have one) from Westbury to Crewe routed "via Hereford". Fare setter is TfW.

Is the issue that the ticket retailer you are using isn't offering you the option of selecting the via Hereford fare?

LiftFan

Should still be an £90.50 Anytime Return fare available (before any applicable railcard discount, or £59.70 if you have one) from Westbury to Crewe routed "via Hereford". Fare setter is TfW.

Is the issue that the ticket retailer you are using isn't offering you the option of selecting the via Hereford fare?
Yes, that is the issue. I click via Hereford and it says no fares available. I can’t use any other retailer as RSTOnline is the only way I get my priv rates.

Veteran Member
The forum site offers a Stockport split for just over £100 (flexible), but no through fare to MAN.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The forum site offers a Stockport split for just over £100 (flexible), but no through fare to MAN.
Indeed, but does it then give the (Priv?) discount that the OP has subsequently advised that they are looking for?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yes, that is the issue. I click via Hereford and it says no fares available. I can’t use any other retailer as RSTOnline is the only way I get my priv rates.
There are fares via Hereford showing now. I think there was a problem (again) with RST Online at the weekend as I couldn't even buy a ticket for my simple journey to London on Sunday.

LiftFan

There are fares via Hereford showing now. I think there was a problem (again) with RST Online at the weekend as I couldn't even buy a ticket for my simple journey to London on Sunday.
Still not showing yet for me!

Haywain

Veteran Member
Still not showing yet for me!
When I look on my PC, I saw them when I selected 'Show slower routes' and then selected the Hereford route but I can't find that slower routes option on the mobile compatible version.

LiftFan

When I look on my PC, I saw them when I selected 'Show slower routes' and then selected the Hereford route but I can't find that slower routes option on the mobile compatible version.
Ah, I see what you mean now. Managed to get it thank you!

lawried123

Not for the holder of an RST Online Leisure card.
Out of interest, I get privs but have never been offered any option of buying them on line. Are you saying that if you have an Online priv card, you can't then buy at a ticket office. That's going to be a bit awkward,

Lawrie

Haywain

Veteran Member
Out of interest, I get privs but have never been offered any option of buying them on line. Are you saying that if you have an Online priv card, you can't then buy at a ticket office. That's going to be a bit awkward,

Lawrie
People with TOC issued Priv have had the online option for 2 or 3 years. Recently, Network Rail non-safeguarded staff have obtained an online only variation of Priv. I don't know what the position is for retired Priv holders. TfL staff with Priv (PTAC) have not been offered the online option as yet.

lawried123

People with TOC issued Priv have had the online option for 2 or 3 years. Recently, Network Rail non-safeguarded staff have obtained an online only variation of Priv. I don't know what the position is for retired Priv holders. TfL staff with Priv (PTAC) have not been offered the online option as yet.
Thanks, Haywain. Yes, I'm ex TFL so haven't been offered any online option yet. Don't normally have any problems getting tickets even when the ticket office is closed or the guard isn't commercial or can't issue my ticket. But the occasional little problem is well worth it to get the concessions I do get. Certainly made my retirement very enjoyable.

Lawrie