• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's going on (or not) on GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnym70

My memory isn't great. To be fair a lot of the individual issues don't really stick in my mind at all, just the overall perception of the service. Right now it is the worst I can remember it being!
But at least payment of compensation seems to be quick and fair.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LAX54

Established Member
The site of the fire was a small piece of land between the Clacton single line and the Up Mainline.

No matter how close the Fire Brigade were it is an awkward place to get to. I expect that took more time than actually dealing with the fire as it’s not a huge site.

With the bushes and ground there being very dry, it wouldn’t have taken very long to establish itself.

I’m not sure how anyone can blame NR or GA for this.

Agree, cant blame anyone for the fire, nor the damage it managed to cause, and as said takes time to clip up points, man CCTV xings, get the handsigs to the correct places, they all have to make their way there from whatever location they are at, or called in if needed.
The AC issue on trains, seemingly like some trains in mainland Europe, the system does not like excess heat, and falls over.

Our AC system at work, is fine up to about 28c maybe a degree more, after that it waves a white flag and shuts down !

J@ke

Trespasser on the tracks today at Liverpool Street. Massive delays on the Colchester route, my train to Ipswich was terminated at Colchester. Not happy

LAX54

Established Member
seems he /she was a 'wanted' person, ran off the platforms into Bishopgate Tunnels, Police and Dog Units were track side.

philthetube

Established Member
Perhaps Control had nothing to communicate waiting for others, perhaps NR?
The reason for non-communication can be the 'caught in head-light syndrome' whereupon good news is always hoped for or expected imminently but doesn't materialise. So rather than put out more of the same there is simply silence?
I've always found front line GA staff to be excellent. Luckily never been caught in anything this bad though :)
There is always something to communicate even if it is just that we are able to provide any current information as we are waiting for the fire brigade to report to us.

Updates should be required to be given out at least every 15 mins even if they are just repeating the previous message, this allows frontline staff to be able to say that control informed them recently that nothing changed and they expect another update shortly, much better than looking incompetent and not knowing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.