• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's happened to 1L98 at Nuneaton today? (20/02/2024)

Intercity_225

1L98 is (according to OpenTrainTimes & RealTimeTrains) still at Nuneaton, it arrived on time (08.50) and was meant to depart at 08:53, but it is 09:06 and it still hasn't departed. What's going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A freight train (6C36) has failed at Frisby on the Melton Mowbray route and is awaiting rescue. There is already a Cambridge-bound XC in Platform 4 at Leicester awaiting events as well as an EMR service in Platform 1 so I presume the decision has been made to hold it at Nuneaton as the train can be turned round there if needed and sent back to Birmingham.

Intercity_225

A freight train (6C36) has failed at Frisby on the Melton Mowbray route and is awaiting rescue. There is already a Cambridge-bound XC in Platform 4 at Leicester awaiting events as well as an EMR service in Platform 1 so I presume the decision has been made to hold it at Nuneaton as the train can be turned round there if needed and sent back to Birmingham.
Thank you! I was just about to write about what I read on the Status & Disruptions page :D

Is 6C36 blocking both lines or just one? Because while I was watching a 170 pulled in towards Birmingham.