• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where do I go for refund? TrainSplit or TPE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I've got Advance Singles on Tuesday and Thursday for TPE services, but purchased via TrainSplit. I have one booking reference.

If I decide not to travel on Tuesday (heat and all that), then the Thursday ticket is also no use.

1. Who do I get a refund from?
2. Am I entitled to money back or just vouchers?
3. Does the same process apply to both tickets although Thursday should be a normal service day? The reason for the refund request would be as a consequence of Tuesday's disruption.
4. Do I have to cancel the tickets and/or apply for a refund before the day of travel?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthWestRover

Established Member
Thanks Haywain. Does anyone have any comment/advice on my other questions? I've looked on the sticky thread here and on Trainsplit and TPE websites and given the unusual circumstances of the Red Alert, I'm not quite sure what applies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
They should be treated as a return trip and both refunded, and the sooner you apply the better. Are you entitled to money back? Probably, but I am sure @Adam Williams will be better placed to answer.

Adam Williams

Established Member
I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this in terms of refund policy (and I'd expect the case to be handled in a reasonable way) but let me confirm for sure next week before I comment :)

Raileasy

Verified Rep
I've got Advance Singles on Tuesday and Thursday for TPE services, but purchased via TrainSplit. I have one booking reference.

If I decide not to travel on Tuesday (heat and all that), then the Thursday ticket is also no use.

1. Who do I get a refund from?
2. Am I entitled to money back or just vouchers?
3. Does the same process apply to both tickets although Thursday should be a normal service day? The reason for the refund request would be as a consequence of Tuesday's disruption.
4. Do I have to cancel the tickets and/or apply for a refund before the day of travel?

Thank you in advance.
Morning @NorthWestRover! Just to confirm:

1. As Haywain states, the refund would be from us (TrainSplit), not TPE.
2. You'd be due a full refund back to the payment method used.
3. The National Rail Conditions of Travel allow for the cancellation of a full journey where the outbound leg is disrupted (including where the journey is comprised of Advance tickets). If the timetable data shows your intended TPE service as cancelled, https://refunds.trainsplit.com will allow you to refund the entire journey but otherwise this one just needs a quick email to our Customer Support and we can get this sorted.
4. Strictly speaking, not for disruption-related refunds - though if your tickets were ToD (opting to collect from a ticket machine), and already printed, it would make the claim process simpler if you applied for the refund before the departure of your outbound service. (It matters less on e-tickets as we can check the scan history on these).

NorthWestRover

Established Member
Thanks a lot. They are etickets and for travel tomorrow. If I decide not to go, I'll submit the refund before time of travel.

Thanks everyone for the advice. In the end, I travelled. Carnage all around, but my train just had a little delay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.