• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why are there no London Overground Lea Valley services on 10/11/22 LU strike day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is London Overground unable to run services on the Lea Valley lines - Liverpool Street to Enfield Town/Cheshunt/Chingford today? The TfL website says it's due to the RMT London Underground strike. But surely almost all, if not all of the stations served on these National Rail routes are operated by LO?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Only on the Lea Valley services though? There is a normal LO service on all other lines - North & East London Lines, Goblin, Euston-Watford.

ctrh136

Do they need dispatch at Liverpool Street? I imagine those staff are more likely to be RMT members.
I assume the other lines don't need it.
Southern aren't serving West Croydon today because of this action too even though LO are, which I assume is because SN need dispatching there whilst LO can dispatch themselves.

Last edited:
Yes they do, but dispatch at Liverpool Street is provided by Greater Anglia dispatchers who - I believe - are working normally today.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Part of the issue , serving Walthamstow , Tottenham etc - with no scrap of a tube service in swathes of NE London , these services would be overwhelmed. Consider also TLK GN not running in service to Moorgate.

Sleepy

Established Member
Why is London Overground unable to run services on the Lea Valley lines - Liverpool Street to Enfield Town/Cheshunt/Chingford today? The TfL website says it's due to the RMT London Underground strike. But surely almost all, if not all of the stations served on these National Rail routes are operated by LO?
No station staff on duty to unlock the stations ? I wonder how thrilled Elisabeth line Shenfield branch passengers were to discover services running non-stop Stratford to Paddington early this morning ?

Last edited:
Drivers don't cross picket lines at Chingford.

That's why.
Thank you for the explanation! Just out of interest - and excuse my ignorance - why is there a picket line at Chingford if the RMT isn't in dispute with London Overground?

ctrh136

Thank you for the explanation! Just out of interest - and excuse my ignorance - why is there a picket line at Chingford if the RMT isn't in dispute with London Overground?
I thought they were in dispute with LO (Arriva Rail London) though I'm not sure what about.

theking

Think they have some RMT driver members.

Altho they're now running a 30 min shuttle service London Liverpool Street to Chingford hopefully that is of some use to you rather than no service :)

Think they have some RMT driver members.

Altho they're now running a 30 min shuttle service London Liverpool Street to Chingford hopefully that is of some use to you rather than no service :)

Thanks again for the explanation! I knew this forum would have the answer.

From the National Rail website:
A limited service is operating between London Liverpool Street and Chingford. This is operating as a “turn up and go” service and is subject to trains and train crew being available.

I love how they are describing this as a "turn up and go" service. It is, quite literally, the opposite of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.