• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Willenhall & Darlaston – Appalling progress on Reopening?

Chrius56000

Hi!

. . .Not withstanding the agreement reached with Kier over the takeover of the previous contracts for Willenhall and Darlaston Stations from the erstwhile Buckingham Group, has anybody been getting their finger out with these stations yet?

. . .Photos seem to suggest there been no tangible progress with these for months and there are a number of local s.m. complaints about it!

. . .Anybody in the area with recent photos?

PS!

. . .(I'm trying to sort out an issue with a supplier over getting a new garden shed erected and judging by the debacle with aforementioned supplier over missing bits for the base and a disagreement with them about the flatness of my garden shed plot, it's a moot point as to whether Willenhall & Darlaston or my new shed'll open for use first!)

Chris Williams

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thecrofter

The New Civil Engineer was predicting late 2025 back in November 2023 not long after Kier was appointed following the Buckingham Group collapse. I wouldn't hold my breath on that mind.

barbette165

Is there an estimated opening date? West Midlands Railways website hasn't got anything
West Midlands Railway also mentions the end of 2025. In their June 2024 timetable changes page, it’s mentioned in relation to the diversion of the Shrewsbury train via Tame Bridge Parkway. (They actually say “via Bescot” even though the train doesn’t stop there)

BrummieBobby

The lack of progress on these stations is a searing indictment of how Infrastructure projects in general and on the railway in particular are handled in this country.

The exile

Established Member
The lack of progress on these stations is a searing indictment of how Infrastructure projects in general and on the railway in particular are handled in this country.
Or how politicians and other organisations’ spin-doctors over-hype expectations.