• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Xmas Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Hi folks,

Just curious as to how you're all spending your Christmas.

We've got Carols from Kings on at the moment, dad's in the kitchen and I'm about to follow suit. No meat in this household; there's this recipe for this lovely kind of pastry-covered nut roast thing which we pull out every year. Also Yorkshire puds, they're the most important part of Xmas tea.

It's almost always just us four so luckily our plans haven't been changed by being in Tier 4.

Merry Christmas! :) I already contain quite a lot of chocolate.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Galvanize

Fairly simple affair. I live with my Family...so spent it at home with them, and no others.
Films, Food and lots of chocolate...and Beers flowing nicely!

Happy Christmas.

DelW

Established Member
Non-standard solo Christmas for me ...

A brisk hour's walk in the sun after breakfast
20 minute Zoom chat with family in England and Thailand
Cooked small but fairly standard Christmas dinner for one (leftovers will do two more days)
Ate that accompanied by WhatsApp video call with friend (stuck in tier 4) who was eating her solo lunch at the same time
Finished off with mince pies then cheese and biscuits
Opened small number of presents (most of my social group have given them up unless actually visiting the recipient)
Late afternoon snooze assisted by effect of wine consumed earlier
Crumpets and Christmas cake to round off the day, then evening in front of the TV

It's not what I'd have chosen in normal circumstances, but it's actually been quite an enjoyable day!

JoeGJ1984

I live with my parents to just spent Christmas Day with them (I would have done anyway; usually have a gathering with my aunts and uncles around New Years Day but did a Zoom chat today insetad). The usual opening presents. A zoom chat with my uncles and aunts, a walk then Christmas dinner (we're vegeterian so had a nut roast). Recived a DVD of the Disney Pixar film Onward as one of my presents; watched the film after dinner (I'm a fan of Disney films). A little later, played Rummikub (which I also received as a Christmas present). In between reading a gamebook Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland (another Xmas present).

peterblue

The usual affair would involve travelling to Buckinghamshire to visit family, but as this is not possible this year due to Tier 4 restrictions, I had a rather modest and uneventful Christmas.

S&CLER

Just when I thought that things couldn't get much worse, we had a power cut in our area (Southport town centre) at 10:44 which lasted until just after 12 noon. Fortunately I wasn't intending to have a cooked lunch.

High Dyke

Established Member
Had a steady morning at home. The wife and I visited my mother during the afternoon. She lives not far from us, but isn't able to really get out much. Back home to earache from the cat.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Happy Christmas evwegonem

After a traditional turkey dinner and for the first time ever, I saw the Queen's speech. Nicely done.

I am currently reading Brighton's War, which is the published Dairies of Helen Roust. I would now like to hear the King's speech from 1940, if it still exists.

Then I watched a children's mass from yesterday, as my nephew read a poem at it.

After that watched part of Bavarian folk muisc programme. Love their folk music. I'll finish it off tomorrow. Here's a link to the programme. You cN watch it online.

In the evening saw It's a wonderful life for the first time (Black and white version) and then The Muppets Christmas Carol, seeing as I have 6 months free subscription to Disney±. Long time since I've seen that film. Its really good. I first saw it in the cinema back in 1992, where upon leaving the cinema, I declared I would like to watch it all over again, there and then.

AntoniC

Just when I thought that things couldn't get much worse, we had a power cut in our area (Southport town centre) at 10:44 which lasted until just after 12 noon. Fortunately I wasn't intending to have a cooked lunch.
I live in Southport Town Centre also but wasnt affected by the power cut.
I went to my dads for present opening and Christmas Dinner, taxi home afterwards , then watched stuff on Youtube while gorging on rubbish and diet coke then off to bed about 8ish.

gingerheid

Established Member
Christmas lunch picnic with friends :)

Then... studying. Been using the lack of a social life and the time saved travelling to work to do a professional qualification (which might have been a terrible idea...).

lxfe_mxtterz

Didn't really do much on Christmas Day, aside from the usual pigging out on turkey dinner, chocolates, more chocolates, even more chocolates, etc. But I did make up for it by going for a lovely hack in a (surprisingly busy) local park on Boxing Day. :)

eMeS

As I loaded my car's boot (for a visit to my "within bubble" partner), I spotted my next door neighbour and near family having an Xmas day drinks outside, suitably warm clothed and socially distanced. I asked permission to take a snap, and she's ever so pleased that the event has been recorded.

Amazingly on Christmas Eve I received an email from the pub where I'd booked for Christmas dinner several weeks ago looking forward to seeing me and giving details of all the safety procedures I had to follow. As this is in tier 3 I didn't turn up. No pints of Good Elph or Yule love it, for me.
I assume the email was an automatically generated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.